Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Venus 2 From Lightspace

Quote Originally Posted by BlueFang View Post
    If anyone is interested in what the laser module of the Venus2 looks like - I had to open mine up because mine arrived with the green a bit out of alignment... The advantage of everything getting smaller, is well, everything is getting smaller and lighter... the disadvantage is, well the components are tiny - and adjustments are a bit more difficult. Adjusting beam alignment is not as easy as turning some thumbscrews... It took some practice and some patience and I still don't think I have it 100% aligned. The problem is that you have to loosen the set screws to make any adjustments, and everything is so precise and small, that the act of tightening the set screws back up, will move the alignment off by a tiny amount - but enough to be a annoying - so you kind of have to plan ahead for this movement before tightening.

Anyway, here are some iPhone photos I snapped of the innards...

Attachment 45780

Attachment 45781

and lasing...
    Attachment 45779

Also, as I think has been mentioned somewhere previously, they are not using the stepper motor anymore for the safety shutter. It looks very well designed now - and is directly attached to the scanner mounts. I didn't get a good look at the servo they are using - but it is the size of a small galvo.
    awesome pics!,
    thanks for posting, I wondered what the insides of these systems looked like, GOOD STUFF
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

I just received my Venus II today and I was really surprised on how solid the build quality is inside and out. The alignment and beam quality out of the box is very good.
    For the price this is an excellent deal, Omar and Lightspace are really doing a great job.

Also I can confirm they have the faster safety shutter installed, works nearly instantaneously.
    Last edited by luxilid; 12-22-2014 at 22:03.

How do you contact them? I mailed Omar, tried melody on facebook, but no reply.... are they on holiday or on a seminar?
    Thank's
    Mickael

no longer the case, they just went up on the Venus II price!!

Too bad they do not have a CDRH Variance with the FDA. It will be a pain to get these certified since you did not build it!! These products are not legal in the USA and here is Texas if you get caught with a laser without a Variance, not only do they shut you down, they take the projector right then and there!!! I am not sure how these lasers are getting into the United States. I had to do several sheets of paperwork to get a legal Kvant Clubmax 3000 into my hands. They have a Variance on file and it was not that difficult. Good Luck with the certification.

Actually, those holes for adjustment are not too bad once you get the hang of them. I find you often don't need to loosen any of the screws in order to adjust them, so you don't have to worry about it moving when you pinch them up. IIRC Dave used to use a sprung washer on the screws which assists with this (on his dual blue kits that used a similar mount)

I agree, workmanship looks great.

Maybe Planters, Logsquared, etc needs to approach Lightspace about mass production of the new combining trickery they're playing with
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Hi guys. Do You know witch pins in interlock db9 should be short wired to fire the Venue ? I don't

have emergency stop box at the moment. Thanks for answer and Marry Christmas to everyone !

Probably easiest to just pop the cover off and look what is connected to the back of the DB9. there is no standard in this respect, some use the whole of the top row and the bottom row as +/-, others use specific pins, and some don't even connect them
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Thanks for answer Norty. Here db9 pins for venus.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Catch8887.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	167.2 KB 
ID:	46050

Have recently received some of the special edition Venus II's: 720mw @637, 800mw @520, 1200mw @462. It looks like LightSpace have changed the design of their all-in-one module, and I'm not sure whether this design is unique to this special edition, or whether all new Venus II's will be shipping this way. Either way, it's an improvement.

The two major differences I noticed are: 1) Color-combining dichros are now on the outside of the module rather internal. This should make farfield alignment significantly easier. 2) no PBS/waveplate on red combine, now all 4 diodes are being knifed-edged in an over-under configuration.

Here are updated pics...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Venus 462-1.JPG 
Views:	185 
Size:	444.4 KB 
ID:	47999Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Venus 462-2.JPG 
Views:	123 
Size:	325.8 KB 
ID:	48000