Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Newton Show, Next Year, Suggestions, Improvments, and Commitments.

Thumbs up Great job, Guys!

...Ya'll did a gr8 job! (I said Ya'll, heh.. and I think it looked really good.. Only took a couple snaps, but..

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Newt1.JPG 
Views:	24 
Size:	1.28 MB 
ID:	44516 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SELEM14_Newt3.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	1.01 MB 
ID:	44517...was especially impressed with how-good the 'only 3W' Pluto's looked, all overlapping and when the fog / wind cooperated, etc.. Sure gave those Newtonians an overflowing-cup of Eye Candy!

..'if it were me' ..I'd suggest at least a slightly-larger Center scrim.. Ya, perhaps all that 'ancillary gear' (Wow, Brad.. was prohibitive to doing a full-on 20' x 30', ie:

Name:	FranklinOH_Scrim1.JPG 
Views:	15 
Size:	249.3 KB 
ID:	44518 ..etc, but even a 'slightly-larger' Center, ie: a 15' x 18', is still 'doable' on truss-towers (vs 'scissor lifts', which add cost / logistics-complexity, etc..) and would give a much larger / more 'fulfilling' center of attention.. Plus, bigger Center-graphics can make for - with well-placed fog / timing-cooperation with the satellites / any other lights - quite the Aerials-champions, as-well, ie:

Name:	DSLI_DD_2.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	348.9 KB 
ID:	44519 ..etc.. But anyhoo, was a blast werkin with ya's and hope I can be 'free enough' to help again, sometime..

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Local paper for advertising and store front posters... Ideas Ideas...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I put the bug in Adam's ear when I saw him night before last about considering it (the public auditorium show). We'll wait and see when he chimes in. Larger scrim isn't a problem (for the downtown show).... I've got 3 - 16' wide x 12' high scrims.

Speaking of last Saturday night... great show in Alexandria put on by Jonathan(DreamBeamz), buffo and rgb-gas. They battled the elements of rain & wind during set up and came out on top. I'm in even more awe of the Pluto's after seeing them perform and can't wait to score another direct diode box.

(Oh... and Newlin, we found a red extention cord of yours. Jeff has it and will arrange to get it back.)

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I agree the 50% to the venue is the more noble and perhaps proper thing to do. Advertising and selling tickets may not be "that" difficult. I could do a little investigating although I'll hold off on doing anything until we hear from Adam and it's discussed a bit. I seem to recall there was a legitimate reason in the past but, I'm not certain that still exists. I think if people want to do it, the logistics can be worked out.
    There were SO Many Great shows and Such an Waste of Space! As long as it could be done Safely with a more structured setup time...That was the biggest problem I saw...there would be guests who wandered in in betwixt computer setup changeover and then leave cause there were no beams. Sadly saw this when the bevy of beauties arrived...sat...and eventually departed...Hopefully to be amazed at Club Selem!