Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Lightwave Halfnote LASER Manual

Default WTB: Lightwave Halfnote LASER Manual

I need a manual for a Lightwave Halfnote 2.5 watt 532nm laser head, does anyone have one? Thanks!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

send a pm to junktronix. i know he's worked with those lasers and he's likely to have a manual.

Quote Originally Posted by Laser57 View Post
    I need a manual for a Lightwave Halfnote 2.5 watt 532nm laser head, does anyone have one? Thanks!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Called him already, not forthcoming, don't want to bug him again and I need to get this ebay unit I bought tested before the time to return runs out so thought I'd try here.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwPP...FkRURQX1E/edit

You got only the head or the driver too ?
    Or the complete device ?

Thank you very much, that document is awesome!

To answer your question in detail; the seller only had the head, I guess he dumped the driver board etc, from what I have heard through the grape vine. I have both a Xantrex XFR 0 to 7.5V - 140 amp and Xantrex XFR 0 to 20V - 60 amp adjustable voltage and current limited power supplies which will work great for the diode as well as the KTP heater, far more than I need for current, so I have all of that, I just needed the pinouts for the ribbon cable on the halfnote head unit but the manual you gave me a link to helps me understand more so thank you for that. I could open the head to get the pins by looking at the wiring but wanted to avoid exposing it to dust. I've also ordered a wavelength electronics 5 amp TEC temperature controller for the crystal and will manually monitor and adjust the diode temperature until I get something for that too.
    Last edited by Laser57; 08-21-2014 at 16:45.

The eyelase driver is crap anyway, purely designed for the sake of complexity (as you may have noticed.)

You might want to short the choke on the pcb, or replace it with a short, if you plan to modulate the diode.
    Be warned to limit the dT/dt of the shg, a too steep rise in temp might fracture it, so I'm told.
    Last edited by -bart-; 08-23-2014 at 12:23.

Thanks, I didn't get the driver board with it, doesn't matter, I can put together some other stuff to make it work. I'm fairly new to lasers, don't understand what dT/dt or what shg is. Does this apply to modulating?

no.. these are fundamentals (pun intended) of how the laser works.

the green light is generated by frequency doubling highly eye unsafe infrared radiation through a process called secondary harmonic generation (SHG).

Thanks, I didn't get the driver board with it, doesn't matter, I can put together some other stuff to make it work. I'm fairly new to lasers, don't understand what dT/dt or what shg is. Does this apply to modulating?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Thanks, I understand what is happening, just not the commonly used expressions, I work in RF, light is still EM but lasers are new to me, being Mr. Obvious with that statement, I am. :P

no problem

i hope you get the manuals you need.

Thanks, I understand what is happening, just not the commonly used expressions, I work in RF, light is still EM but lasers are new to me, being Mr. Obvious with that statement, I am. :P