Thread: Laser Projector in a Mobile Phone !

Default Laser Projector in a Mobile Phone !

Take a look at this...

http://www.t3.co.uk/news/247/communi...hone_projector

Seems like everyone will soon own a laser projector

Cheers

Jem

<Edit>
    Err.... Just had a thought.... Could this be an April Fool???
    Last edited by Jem; 04-06-2007 at 01:12.

Lightbulb

Imagine the safty regulations for that beast... or will it be <5mW total? I bet it'll cost at LEAST $1000... and of course if it does come out we will all want one a little.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

It would seem that with all this new tech stuff coming out our scanner sets and software would soon become very cheap. I assume they are dispalying the images off some sort of crystal that can reflect a chosen color at a given time for a fixed size of image like the TV stuff that is peeking around the corner. Anyway a true balance of RGB for cheap is good....and in a very small package. Now to figure out how to load ILDA files to the image bank of the phone.............That thing does look like decent video quality.....seems raster images will not be an issue with that. I want the set up with 2 to 5 watts output power...
    Last edited by MechEng3; 04-06-2007 at 02:55.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

nice to see a working example ......

BUT... im always dubious ... when we know that hi power CW lasers dont come in small packages ... yet ?

ok .. they are getting smaller ..... and we are seeing more and more cheaper 200mw + red diodes and blu rays are comming down

But i think the givaway in the video .... is that "EFing" HUGE ribbon cable coming from the tiny box ..... and my guess its connects to large power supplys DLP controler and video graphics board ....

so not exactly "laser projector in a matchbox" just yet

all the best .... Karl