Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Laser Enclosures

Post Laser Enclosures

There are more and more threads cropping up asking about where to get enclosures or can anybody build me a case?

So me and P1t8ull have developed a very high quality enclosure at a reasonable price.

Each unit is 230mm wide x 450mm long x 230mm high and comes as a completed unit as shown in the attached photo's, but without lasers etc. All you need to add is a laser, scanning system and Power supplies. There is enough room to fit a high power single colour or a well planned RGB. The one In the photo's has a 1watt Viasho Green and Laserworld scanners which have large drivers connected.

The enclosures are made from 16SWG (1.6mm) sheet steel with a 6mm aluminum plate for mounting your lasers, optics etc.

In the front are 2 X 80mm fan with filter and guard which is easily removable for cleaning. For the front aperture there is a threaded stepping ring, so the lens can be removed for cleaning the scanner mirrors or easily replaced in the event of accidental damage. Lens is NOT provided due to different requirements for different wavelengths. The stepping ring fits standard camera type filters, such as a Hoya multicoated skylight filter.

The rear of the enclosure has two fan guards and filters, with apertures cut ready should you need to add extra cooling. There is a fused power inlet with illuminated switch in a single unit ready to connect your power supplies, there is also a key switch (Not shown) for safety. Mains inlet and key switch are provided unwired.
    For data input there is a fully wired ILDA Standard DB25 input and output for connection to secondary projectors. There are invert switches for both the X and Y axis, which are a must for multi laser shows.

Finally there is a hanging bracket with a heavy duty truss clamp suitable for standard 50mm (2") trussing.

The whole unit is epoxy powder coated which is a hard wearing baked on finish. All interfaces are labeled, we can also add the danger sticker with the power and wavelength of your laser if required.

The enclosures are priced at £275 each for a complete unit.

Delivery is four to five weeks maximum from receipt of payment in the UK. We can ship Internationally, but these units are quite heavy and might bump up the shipping costs.

These prices are based on a minimum order of ten units. So here is your chance to get a group buy going and have yourselves a professional quality enclosure.

If you came to the last UKLEM they are the same units we had on the truss.

****Just to be clear NO Lasers, Power Supplies or scanning systems are included in these prices****
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN1125.JPG  

DSCN1151.JPG  

DSCN1150.JPG  

Nice looking enclosure, More pics please inside
    Lasers, Lights, Music, Action!

im interested.. please, more pics

Here's another few pics, one of the 2w RGY's under construction with a 1w Viasho green, 1w 635nm red and a set of LaserShowParts SCANPRO40's.

The baseplate has a 40mm gap at the back to allow both airflow to the lasers and ease of cabling so is exactly 225mm x 410mm to layout your lasers/optics.
    Not shown in these pics but also supplied, is a divider to place in front of the lasers if arranged as shown below. After you have drilled a hole to let the beam through and used a bit of rubber/foam as a seal, it'll enclose all the optics in their own compartment and keep them nice an clean.

There's room for one large lab style driver/PSU (1-2w Viasho or CNI styleee) downstairs where the 2 (up to 4 if required) fans will help keep it as cool as cucumber. The top deck has just under 90mm between the deck and lid so can accommodate most laser heads.

As Mark said, these can easily house several watts of RGB if you're selective in your choice of drivers/PSU's, this one still has room for a blue (even with a chunky-monkey red in there) but I'll need to pick one with a small driver.

Just to reiterate, NO lasers, drivers, PSU's, galvos, ice cream or beer

You DO get the complete enclosure/lid/bracket/baseplate/optical divider/wired ILDA in & out with invert switches/58mm threaded output window ring/rubber feet.
    and in a bag -
    Illuminated switched UK IEC fused mains input and a keyswitch.

Just add a laser (or 2, or 3) a set of scanners, drill a few holes, connect a couple of wires, screw in an output window, sit back with a beer and n-joy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC06276.JPG  

DSC06278.JPG  

DSC06281.JPG  

DSC06274.JPG  

Question

Any chance you could double the width?
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I'm sure we could do that, it might increase the cost slightly dependent on how many come out of a 10' sheet. I would need to speak to the laser cutters..

We also need a minimum of ten units to get a good price..

Hope that helps
    Mark

wow! Thats nice! I would be intressted in that if the price was lower
    What is the price if there are 20 ppl are in for that ?

Nice, I'd also be interested if the price was a little lower. Also as Aaron suggested, the layout is a little funky for an RGB setup. Possibly shorter height wise and wider would be nice. Being able to move the projector output hole to the side/left would work for me as well. Just some thoughts. Nice box either way.
    Thanks!
    Adam

Hi,

I started this thread because at the time, so many people were looking for cases and as we were already getting a few made, we thought we would extend the offer to you guys.

As much as we would love to drop the price, we really can't.. We are not doing this as any kind of business venture and not making any real profits. The price advertised just about covers the engineering, parts and delivery to us.

The cheapest I have seen, outside of poor quality units was about £250 for a raw unpainted case. My view is, if I have a few thousand pounds of Lab equipment and I am subjecting it to use on the road, I want it in the toughest housing I can find.

Our cases are of a very strong construction, powder coated and come with nearly all the fittings. All you need is a laser, scanners and power supplies etc. You would also need to provide a camera style lens which screws into the front aperture.

We can make design changes to a certain degree as long as we have an order for at least ten, otherwise the engineers whack the prices up on us. Of course, bigger boxes will cost more as there is more material being used, therefore more sheets of steel are required, there is more wastage and you know the rest of the story :-)

300Evil: The reason for the aperture being central is for shows with two or more lasers. I have done shows with lasers that have apertures on one side and it becomes a nightmare trying to make them look symmetrical on a stage. One has to hang out on the end of a scaffold pole to get them balanced, stage manager goes nuts because it doesn't look pretty and we have the grief of then trying to make things look pretty. Some production managers I have worked with insist on symmetry..

Mark

I would be interested but its way over the price and way to big for what I intend to use them for. This would be great if I were building a RGB but I am only building a single green or maybe a RGY at a later date.

Where did you get these made?
    DL - Viper 75mW - Green (532nm)
    DL - 50mW Module - Green (532nm)
    DIY - 50mW - 12k Scanner - Green (532nm)