Thread: Lawnmower hobby?

Default Lawnmower hobby?

My neighbor just gave me an old rusty Craftsman LT1036 riding mower. For some reason when someone offers to give me a rusty old piece of machinery I can't say no. The bad part is that I always go full Monty with these things so I know I am going to be up at 2AM searching for NOS parts and hunting down restoration details. Another journey begins! Does anyone else here fall for such nonsense?

Gary Gary Gary...... Didn't you just say you stopped with cars to keep space in your garage????

I get that way with a few things here and there. A lot of the junk that people give me, I try to repurpose for my Halloween yard if I can. Old speakers for ambiance, old junk that I can use for props. The only bad thing is, my garage gets filled up with all this crap!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Gary Gary Gary...... Didn't you just say you stopped with cars to keep space in your garage????

I get that way with a few things here and there. A lot of the junk that people give me, I try to repurpose for my Halloween yard if I can. Old speakers for ambiance, old junk that I can use for props. The only bad thing is, my garage gets filled up with all this crap!
    HAHA! Yea, and that was car #1. Car #2 has come and gone since then. But, how much space can a lawnmower take up, right?

This goes beyond lasers. I think all of us on this forum have some strange hoarding habits, myself included!
    Last edited by absolom7691; 08-23-2014 at 18:34. Reason: I spelled it hording? Jeebus, I play too much WoW

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

This goes beyond lasers. I think all of us on this forum have some strange hording habits, myself included!
    i have no strange hoarding habits!!!

(please ignore the yard full of fossilized dino poo)
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    i have no strange hoarding habits!!!

(please ignore the yard full of fossilized dino poo)
    HAHA! Speaking of which, that is the other thing I would like to see if you guys do a PhoenixLEM. I would love to see your geodes and other fine specimens you have tucked away!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

HAHA! Speaking of which, that is the other thing I would like to see if you guys do a PhoenixLEM. I would love to see your geodes and other fine specimens you have tucked away!
    absolutely!

"the myth of the killer ape is true"
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

I have been wanting to re-create this for awhile now.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mower.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	44471

The only lawn mower hobby I have is replacing parts in my POS troy-bilt transmission. There are some brass flange bearings on the shaft that holds the gears for forward/reverse. This is the second year in a row I've had to replace them. At least they are only $12 for the pair. Luckily I don't mind doing some of my own maintenance on vehicles.