Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OEM 1.8W 445nm Lasers

Default OEM 1.8W 445nm Lasers

After moving house at the start of the month, I uncovered these which I had forgotten about; I've no need for them so would like to shift them.

OEM 1.8W 445nm Lasers
    Price: £200 each
    Quantity Available: 8

These are single diode 445nm modules in brand new condition.
    All feature a dual channel "Badpip" driver, high quality glass aspheric "G2" lens, and anamorphic prisms for correction. The diodes used in these are not overdriven; they have been specially selected for high slope efficiency performance; resulting in high output power for a normal current input.
    It would be possible to add another diode onto this sled, powered from the same driver, and add two small mirror mounts to bounce and knife edge a 2nd diode in with relative ease.
    No enclosures are provided with these modules; they are intended for OEM integration only.
    Apply 9-12V DC power at ~1.0A.

Anyone interested, please get in touch for a postage quote.

Last edited by danielbriggs; 08-24-2014 at 04:42.
    - There is no such word as "can't" -
    - 60% of the time it works every time -

Whats the dimensions of the baseplate?
    Could you provide the additional pieces for the 2nd diode? I would be interested in adding in a 462. Would there still be room for the prisms?

gashead is offline Admin Verified: Best Accent Ever(Tm)

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    After moving house at the start of the month, I uncovered these which I had forgotten about; I've no need for them so would like to shift them.

OEM 1.8W 445nm Lasers
    Price: £200 each
    Quantity Available: 8

These are single diode 445nm modules in brand new condition.
    All feature a dual channel "Badpip" driver, high quality glass aspheric "G2" lens, and anamorphic prisms for correction. The diodes used in these are not overdriven; they have been specially selected for high slope efficiency performance; resulting in high output power for a normal current input.
    It would be possible to add another diode onto this sled, powered from the same driver, and add two small mirror mounts to bounce and knife edge a 2nd diode in with relative ease.
    No enclosures are provided with these modules; they are intended for OEM integration only.
    Apply 9-12V DC power at ~1.0A.

Anyone interested, please get in touch for a postage quote.

[/IMG][/URL]
    I'll take two.
    "The horizon leans forward offering you space, to place New steps of change"

Quote Originally Posted by danielbriggs View Post
    I uncovered these which I had forgotten about
    How does that happen???? I mean really, how does 8 of these modules go missing? Nice looking lot. Good luck with your sale.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Yikes, beautiful. Wish I could buy all of them, 200 euros each above my budget, these appear higher class than just toys. What diode?

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    How does that happen???? I mean really, how does 8 of these modules go missing? Nice looking lot. Good luck with your sale.
    Heh, they were packed away safely from a larger order I machined up a while back. We were going to integrate these into some small projectors but never got around to it.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    Whats the dimensions of the baseplate?
    Could you provide the additional pieces for the 2nd diode? I would be interested in adding in a 462. Would there still be room for the prisms?
    Thanks for your questions, the baseplate measures: 46x93mm, 9.5mm thick (3/8"), and the beam height is 25mm.
    I could machine up some more brass sleds, although there would be a short lead time and a small charge for machining time.
    If a 462nm diode were to be added, I think you have two options:
    1. Add the 462nm diode and use another set of prisms on the sled, then combine the two with a cube externally.
    2. Remove the current prisms and put small bounce mirrors to knife edge the two diodes, in one complete module.

Cheers,
    Dan

Dan,

Or buy 2 of your modules, rotate one of the beams and add a cube externally. The you sell more!

Quote Originally Posted by Laserhobbit View Post
    Dan,

Or buy 2 of your modules, rotate one of the beams and add a cube externally. The you sell more!
    ^ This guy...

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

stupid pound to usd exchange rate ;(
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    stupid pound to usd exchange rate ;(
    Seriously. Once that's factored in, us on this side of the pond are paying nearly double the cost of the parts.

How does that happen???? I mean really, how does 8 of these modules go missing?
    Quite simple really. I fully understand how that happens. It amazes me the stuff I find that I bought and forgot about. "Where in the hell did that module come from? And... what is it??"