Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: USB over Network and FB3

Default USB over Network and FB3

Hi guys,

I ran on this on the internet and I was curious if this will work with an FB3.

http://www.eminent-online.com/en/pro...k-usb-hub.html

Did someone already try this?

do a search i made a thread with some info in on this topic a number of years ago
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Ah ok couldn't find it here with the search option but thanks I will have a look!

It would've been quicker to just say that prviously tested solutions didn't work reliably enough.

The current situation, if you're looking for FB3 over cat5 (not neccessarilly ethernet) is to use the one piece of USB extender kit that Pangolin have tested and recommend, or to wait for the FB4 which will do 'proper' ethernet connection. No release date has yet been given by Pangolin, but its been a while since it was first mentioned.

The USB extender is the Startech USB2004EXT2. Thats the 4 port version, they do a 2 port one too, but that seems to be more expensive for some reason.

I tried the Belkin that Andy tried previously, and encountered machine lockups just fropm beimng idle. I had quite a lot of communications with Pangolin before giving up on it. They told me they'd tested quite a lot inhouse and very few made the grade.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

What will be the range of it?
    If it's just a fb3 with accesspoint included i guess you can only connect to one of these at a time?

HOW MUCH!!!!????!!!

Ok, it's a nice solution, but what if you've got more than 1 projector? That starts to get VERY expensive, quickly.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Norty, don't forget your wireless card of a laptop/desktop can only connect to 1 accesspoint at a time.
    Or is there some extra info on how this should work?

If you add up the cost of an fb3 you can buy an qm.net so in my eyes way to expensive!

I know you can't use any type of connection. Pangolin software has a high degree of safety in there software what works most of the time in your advantage but can be sometimes a pain in the butt. A while ago i had a gig: qm.net was connected with my laptop with a short cable. Started the software and within 20 seconds lost connection for a milisecond. Tried another cable same result. Changed from wall socket problem solved! Patched from stage to foh, got the connection but couldnt get the software started up. A well then onstage controlling the laser. Didn't had the time to roll out my own cable...

But does anyone know the precise requirments of the connection? So we can figure out what kind of components we need. Or is it better to wait for an fb3 on ethernet?