Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin beyond update?

Default Pangolin beyond update?

Hey guys,

Since yesterday I get a update information when I'm starting beyond. The message announced that a update of beyond is available at the pangolin homepage, but there is only the build 612 which is already installed?

Thomas

Thanks for pointing that out. The message is kind of "automatic", based on the number of months we expected to have a new build available for general download.

Internally, we're up to build 660. There are people who receive automated messages and instructions on how and where to download the internal builds. (These are "interim builds" which sometimes have experimental features.) If you're a power user, send me an email directly (through the Pangolin web site) and we'll get you put on the list so you can become aware of these updates.

Nevertheless, it's probably a good time for us to make a new generalized update. We've got a new version of B3D that I showed at SELEM with some great new features as well.

Best regards,

William Benner

subing this.................
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

I started getting the nag screen too. Was confused since I have a later version than is on the website.

Thanks for the update Bill.

Will the timer ever keep 1.xx beyond from working after 2.x is released and ProTracks and 3d and such become limited?

+1 Ive emailed Justin about this hoping for a fix to my APC40 Midi issue.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

I'll try to get the update up tomorrow. We expected to have a new public update by now. The "nag" starts happening a half year after we publish. My how time flies ;-)

In any event, I am just verifying the build now. Also, I'm speaking with Derek about having him put a new very large version of the BEYOND workspace on the Pangolin Shows Portal.

By the way, JD, please send me an email about your APC issue. Justin is COO, but not really involved with programming and such.

Bill'

Just to point out that my later version of Beyond fixed the issues I was having with Beyond and Midi - had it running for 6 hours last Saturday without a glitch! :-)

The FX lights were playing up and only the second, third and fourth FX button lights were lit on the APC40. Sorted now. Good work Pangolin.

+1 later build fixes the FX midi issues, this was confirmed @ UKLEM 17 last weekend.

Also, I'm speaking with Derek about having him put a new very large version of the BEYOND workspace on the Pangolin Shows Portal.
    I'm liking the sound of this.

Will this workspace be 'compatible' with the APC in as much as it won't have more than 40 cues per page (and thus require us to create new pages and move the overspill cues so we can access them)?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.