Thread: Realizzer visualizer software

Default Realizzer visualizer software

Curious if anyone has had a chance to work with a licensed copy of Realizzer?

It's definitely pricey, and the timer on the demo version makes it a challenge to really tryout all the features, but from what I've seen so far it has a lot of potential, especially if you have limited space available to actually setup lights and lasers during show development. The direct integration with Pangolin Beyond and ArtNET support for DMX software is pretty slick!

Price aside, any pros /cons from anyone who has used the software?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Sadly there is simply no way I can ever see myself justifying the cost but, it does look interesting if you're using it as a sales tool. I don't think I realized there was a demo version to at least play with so thanks for pointing that out.

I've used Capture Polar, Light Converse and Depence V3D.

They all have strengths and weaknesses but out of those on the versions I've used, I still favour LC for visual accuracy when it comes to the rendering of beams (although I don't agree with the lumen recommendations for laser use, but it's easy enough to set your own level).

I haven't seen Realizzer beyond the video demo, but I think from what I've seen I still prefer the rendering of LC when it comes to lasers. The Sharpy's looked nice though.

The big issue for myself and Realizzer is the price though. LC costs a fraction and whilst some other programmes have better 3D models, it's the king when it comes to light beam rendering.

Quote Originally Posted by White-Light View Post
    I've used Capture Polar, Light Converse and Depence V3D.

They all have strengths and weaknesses but out of those on the versions I've used, I still favour LC for visual accuracy when it comes to the rendering of beams (although I don't agree with the lumen recommendations for laser use, but it's easy enough to set your own level).

I haven't seen Realizzer beyond the video demo, but I think from what I've seen I still prefer the rendering of LC when it comes to lasers. The Sharpy's looked nice though.

The big issue for myself and Realizzer is the price though. LC costs a fraction and whilst some other programmes have better 3D models, it's the king when it comes to light beam rendering.
    Al -
    What version of LC are you using, and how are you feeding it signals to trigger conventional DMX fixture simulation?
    Looking at the LC web page, it looks like the price of Designer plus one of the LC interfaces will actually cost more than Reallizer pro...?
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

The designer version of lightconverse, purchased from Pangolin is $495 if I remember correctly. And I'm pretty sure you wouldn't need the dmx interface as it supports artnet, so any dmx to artnet interface would work, and most of the nicer dmx consoles and most any pc based dmx software supports artnet directly so in most cases you wouldn't even need that.

Edit, I just noticed it appears the design version doesn't support artnet. I've only ever used the demo version, which does work with artnet

Sadly they all seem to be for the most part too expensive for the hobbyist looking to visualize shows and play around with different configurations and placement options. Even as someone in the business it's hard to justify the pricing unless there is a very specific need when there's so many other things that seem more worthwhile to spend money on such as hardware upgrades, etc. I suppose if one were into stage design as well, then it would be an essential tool.
    Last edited by m0f; 10-05-2014 at 17:15.

Hi,

One Short question: are all of this software solutions capable to capture video directly out of the program?

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    Al -
    What version of LC are you using, and how are you feeding it signals to trigger conventional DMX fixture simulation?
    Looking at the LC web page, it looks like the price of Designer plus one of the LC interfaces will actually cost more than Reallizer pro...?
    Hi Randy,

I'm using the version bought from Pangolin. It's cheaper bought through them and it's a dedicated Pangolin version, so it's impossible to say which level it equates to on the LC webs site.

The OEM Pangolin demo version on the LC web page is restricted being a demo. Once you have a dongle and license, you basically download the full non Pangolin version then your Pangolin dongle licence determines the features.

The sleeve of my Pangolin version implies that DMX control is supported. However, I can't confirm that as it reads a bit like a general description rather than a version specific specification. I'm also unsure as to whether you can use for eg a Enterrec controller or whether you need the LC dedicated DMX interface. You'd really need to speak to Pangolin.

You would have to confirm with Bill / Justin exactly what DMX features are supported as I don't use DMX, just straight laser output for visualisation purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasF View Post
    Hi,

One Short question: are all of this software solutions capable to capture video directly out of the program?

Thomas
    There are projector fixings but I don't use them and in a quick play around couldn't get them to work. Best talk to Pangolin as settings can be tricky and it could just be an issue with the Art net settings.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasF View Post
    Hi,

Thomas
    Realizzer (Pro & greater) does take output directly from Pangolin Beyond, and DMX via ArtNET or Enttec DMX Pro USB.
    The demo from the Realizzer website is fully functional, just time limited (30 minutes per DMX session, with only 10 minutes per session of laser interaction), and doesn't save.
    It includes a demo laser project that will work with Beyond.
    And looks pretty good, even on my fairly basic laptop!

But it IS pricey...
    RR

Sweet.....

@White-Light ~

Appreciate the info, Al!

I'll give a shout to the Pangolin team and see if I can get some clarification on the DMX requirments.
    Thanks!

Randy
    RR

Sweet.....

FYI, here's the cost comparison, based on info provided by Pangolin and Light Converse USA:

Light Converse, Pangolin OEM version is $455 - not bad, but that is laser visualization only.
    That version doesn't do ArtNET, and requires a proprietary DMX interface to do any kind of conventional DMX fixture simulation. Per the U.S. rep, that would cost an additional $699.

Light Converse, minimum version to support laser & DMX fixture simulation, is now $1,154 , plus shipping.

Realizzer Pro supports 4 laser inputs directly from Beyond, and out of the box supports ArtNET and Enttec DMX USB Pro for conventional DMX fixture simulation. $925 delivered from Pangolin. Not a HUGE price difference, but a bit more convenient.

And they're both still really expensive for hobby use
    Last edited by Stuka; 10-08-2014 at 03:18.
    RR

Sweet.....