Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: TEST Your laser safety IQ--

Default UPDATE & another quiz to take TEST Your laser safety IQ--

This was found by a LPF member 'aap27' iirc

I added the 'IQ' part in my title and should not be taken seriously this is NOT a real IQ test -BUT is a real Quiz used at UPENN.

you must answer each question (25) before you get the next one- keep track of any you missed-- NO CHEATING-

you wont get a final score at the end so keep track as you go-

I missed three- but I did not take very long at all ...maybe 10 minutes or less-I got the correct answer on all three on the second try..

Some Qs are very much like what we have seen on the LSO exam and knowing all 25 may be a great idea for 'starters' for those wanting to take the ILDA LSO---

good luck and hope to see many take this quiz--Hak

update-- if you are going to take the test PLEASE do that BEFORE reading the posts in this thread-- keeping the results more accurate-- level the playing field for all.
    Buffo so far got the best score missing only one afaik

http://www.ehs.psu.edu/radprot/laser_safety_quiz.swf

update additional quiz- see post #21 and add your results-- do not look up the answers and post them here just yet

http://laserpointerforums.com/f53/ar...uiz-51864.html

^^^ this one and its many links is from Coherant

after the test ( save your answers) each question is in the video(s)
    so , i guess you grade it yourself-
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 09-18-2014 at 22:09.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

I missed 3. One of then took me 3 tries. I need to brush up on my chemistry!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

yeah I missed that one too-- did not know that a laser hitting the wrong thing could make a dangerous gas-- guess that makes sense as if you burn some plastics... bad stuff is given off too.

so we both made a passing grade- 88% correct - a solid 'B'
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

i got 6 wrong mostly because i read the question wrong (english is not my native language)

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    i got 6 wrong mostly because i read the question wrong (english is not my native language)

your english is better than my (insert any language here excpt English)-

I do speak enough Spanish to get by(or get laid) but it has been a long time learning(20 years+) and its the native language here in Texas-

SO IMO you did good --Len