Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: New to laser shows need help building my own please! :)

hakzaw1, clones of the Pangolin FB3 are sold in china and some make it on to ebay now and again. most of the time it seems when pangolin does a firmware update its an attempt to kill those clone dacs.

Thanks for that--
    & i'm not surprised..
    however I serously doubt you can get on the white-listed for the Pangolin Show Portal with a clone as the SN is required..
    and you may be correct about the firmware updates-- I dont blame Pangolin for any inconvience that causes those that paid i wil make a GreedBay search fav on the FB3s and
    request serial numbers or report the listing as bogus.

hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Hey all just a quick update on the projector make. I just got my RIYA Lite DAC in the mail recently. I hooked it up to the projector all the wiring is in place and it is being powered correctly. I was able to do some test files through LFI player everything seems to be working pretty well. I don't have anything to project as I don't have a laser so I will be working on learning that soon! Thanks for all the help so far everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by dzodzo View Post
    not true, my ED with LSX can play waves too... it's just a bit over the budget tho
    Can you double click on a *.wav file and have any OS launch a generic wave player to start a full color show with stereo audio?

... for about $60 worth of hardware ...

That's a very portable option.

http://laserboy.org/forum/index.php?topic=561.0

James.
    Last edited by james; 10-25-2014 at 16:08.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.