Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEOS Pcaom

Default NEOS Pcaom

So i got this funny little box without psu.
    The manual says +24V, +5V and -5V..

The Pcoam driver box says +24V, +15V and -15V, which one is right?

The model number is N64040-75.1-8CH.

Im also curious if there is any way to test the function without blasting the argon
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    1x 4W RGB, Full diode (DT40 WIDE)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    1x ALC68 ArgonGasser with 8ch, PCAOM
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB

Markings on the Neos driver are correct. I cant remember the current requirements right now but its a few amps of +24 and +15 with I think less than 1A for -15 but maybe someone with a better memory can clear this up.
    If you have another polarised laser then that can be used to test it. I have used mine with a he-ne in the past, but a diode would do. The setting switches on the front wont match a diode exactly but by picking the nearest wavelength then diailing in the fine tune you should get an idea if its working or not. The dials can be adjusted with power on just press the red button to 'actvate' the setting.
    You will also need to adjust the cell using the bragg mount - fairly easy once you know what you are looking for. I would set one channel on full then adjust the whole cell untill it comes through strong. what you will have is the zero order beam and the 'switched' beam. The zero order will be strong and as you change the angle of the cell the zero order will fade and the 'switched' beam will get stronger. Lock the cell off then use the fine tune to maximise the beam. Gate the input on and off and the beam should switch. this will show its working.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Thanks Rob, so i guess i should try to find me a psu that gives me the 15V on both positive and negative side first. Any idea where? i found one 15V from china, but thats only positive voltage.
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB

Ideally you want a multi output supply but if thats not possible 2x 15v and 1x 24v supply would do. to make +/- 15v from 2 supplies - assuming the - or 0v connection isnt earthed (a lot of switched mode supplies will not have the output earthed) then simply connect the - of one supply to the + of the second supply. that will give you 3 connections +15v 0v (where the 2 psus join) and - 15v. If doing it with 3 supplies then the - of the 24V should be connected to the 0v as described that will then provide you what you need.
    You could do it all off a single 24v supply and use Dc-dc convertors to make the +/- 15. This would be smaller and neater but prob be more expensive.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

i just emailed a couple of china suppliers to see if they have or if they can get me the dual.
    if not, i will try your idea thanks mate, hope to get this thing up running soon

edit: ordered 24V supply and a dc/dc converter
    second edit: 2x dc/dc converters
    Last edited by db3306; 09-14-2014 at 06:08.
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB

I dont wanna suggest that you dont know what you are doing but bear in mind, this laser when it works, (and even if it doesnt) is gonna be dangerous. And I dont mean the laser output. The electrical power connected to the live parts inside the head will kill you. They wont think about it or give you a nasty shock they will kill you.
    Remember that.

Rob

Thanks for that.. i will make sure to have it properly grounded and keep my fingers off any parts inside it.
    I work as an industrial electrician and will make sure to be careful
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Dual-15Vdc...item43b3a2f250 no 24vdc but din mount is always nice! Just something to get you started on your search....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_fr...bda%26_arr%3D1

I do have a neos manual in a box I will try and dig it out soon.

One more thing there are cheap galvos out there only using +-15vdc that may fit your needs but I have doubts on the amperage.
    Last edited by sugeek; 09-14-2014 at 18:40.
    Support your local Janitor- not solicited .

Laser (the acronym derived from Light Amplification by Stimulated Emissions of Radiation) is a spectacular manifestation of this process. It is a source which emits a kind of light of unrivaled purity and intensity not found in any of the previously known sources of radiation. - Lasers & Non-Linear Optics, B.B. Laud.

Lightbulb

..Honestly, your best-bet is the OEM PS from NEOS, which I just so-happen to.. ie: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...427#post300427 ..Last thing ya wanna do it toast the 8ch. Driver.. they don't exactly grow on trees anymore..

fwiw..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

How much are you asking for the driver or the psu?
    2x 1W RGB(DT40 PRO)
    2x 1W, 532nm(DT40 WIDE)
    5xFB3SE, BEYOND

In progress, 2x 2,5w RGB