Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: God *CENSORED* *CENSORED*ing fog machines!

Look Solutions has a deal on some used Viper NT's for around $700 plus shipping. ($1200 new)

Fog fluid is expensive for them, depending the type and quantity you get.

I love them though. Fogged a whole festival, from 9pm to 4am, with 3 of them and used about 6-7 gallons of their Slow Fog fluid.

Here's a few videos

"This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I think it's the nature of the beast (in the OP). I have two Chauvet fog machines that I used Black Label fluid from Guitar Center in and they clogged up as you described. They also spit a lot. I had to flush them and do the vinegar and distilled water thing and switched to Chauvet's own fluid. They run cleaner without the spitting but, still don't last too long before neading to be cleaned again. I have the Hurricane Haze 900's. Buffo has the 1300's, and has been successful with Froggy's fluid. I don't know if he's had the clogging issues you've described but, in general, I know Chauvet isn't exactly the best brand out there to produce any sort of reliable atmosphere.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 09-15-2014 at 11:28.

Clean your fog machines with a mixture of vinegar and water (50/50). Then switch to "Swamp Juice", made by Froggy's Fog. It's the best fluid I've ever used (and I've tried nearly a dozen brands, including Antari, Chauvet, Black Label, Le-matrie, and others).

I used to have an Antari 1200 (until the pump broke), and I currently have 3 Chauvet 1300 foggers, and I always leave the Froggy's Swamp Juice in them year-round. They sit for up to 6 months without being used, and I have NEVER had one clog (not even the Antari).

Start with a clean fogger, switch to Froggy's, and you'll be fine.

Adam

Norty, since these are only used once a year, I think the Vipers are a bit out of my price range. If these were my livelyhood and used all the time, absolutely, as the Vipers look like a kick-ass machine. For what little I do it's a tad over kill.

I have managed to save two of mine, the heat exchanger on the third is a goner. I am going to get two more of these and keep the insides flushed and use the Froggy's fluid, as Adam described.

THanks for the recommends, guys. Much obliged.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    They sit for up to 6 months without being used,
    We need to do something about that.

Check out the Spaceball II then. Might be in your price range and still good output, even though it looks low wattage.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.