Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Laserscope converted system

Quote Originally Posted by dave View Post
    Nice conversion Mr. Pat
    Thanks Dave...but to say that it was a nice conversion is quite the understatement...that was THE product I worked with LSCP for two years designing for the entertainment industry. I introduced it at ILDA & LDI and it turned heads, no one had ever seen anything like it (retail price tag was 30K$). I gave Floyd at LFI a one year exclusive if he agreed to purchase 10 in the first year...he did (the first four units went to the LAS VEGAS Hilton fountain installation. When introduced in the early 90's it basically revolutionized the industry and sold over 40 units world wide...you guys are still talking about it today (and trying to duplicate it)...25 years later...so, thank you...

This was no VAG BURNER conversion...it was a product designed specifically for the scientific & entertainment industry. I had a big battle with LSCP about the big PCB and being run by a TRS-80 laptop, I felt it was unnecessary (which it is, and i was right back then). They decided to go with the sophisticated PCB so that they could also sell it into the scientific industry, and get the product to market faster...they won. They had the industrial and scientific exclusive, I had the entertainment exclusive.

and as they say...the rest is history....
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Been there, done that, got the t-shirt & selling it in a garage sale.

Sale Cancelled.

Thank you.
    Last edited by carlos3621; 02-02-2015 at 10:15.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter
    LS MegaWatt Green Machine

Pat ,

do you hve any info on the crystal technology 27-215 q-switch driver

thanks
    John

Quote Originally Posted by VJ AIWAZ View Post
    Pat ,

do you hve any info on the crystal technology 27-215 q-switch driver

thanks
    John
    I don't have anything specific on that model - I have the documentation related to QS driver with FPS card.
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Quote Originally Posted by carlos3621 View Post
    PAT,
    the more I dig into the workings of this system, the more I am impressed with the work and engineering that went into it,
    it is just so well thought out and 15 yrs after it was originally assembled, still working!
    THAT says alot about the design you came up with...

anyways, I will post more pics, as I keep going through it,,,

BTW, do you happen to have the schematics for this system??

thx,
    carlos
    you said the big LSCP Card was removed...so it has been modified since I had it. What does the controller look like (lamp start, current control etc.)
    Pat B

laserman532 on ebay

Sale Cancelled.

Thank you.
    Last edited by carlos3621; 02-02-2015 at 10:15.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter

Pat is right. These were no ordinary converted vag-burners. The design and packaging was quite impressive. These lasers literally changed the industry overnight, when the biggest laser at that time were the large frame argons like SP171's. People were getting tired of the all lines argon blue/green color and these 532nm monsters looked amazing, especially outdoors!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YAG2.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	20.3 KB 
ID:	45071Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YAG1.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	45072

so Pat what was the differences between the ultra and the cobra

re: 'nice conversion'.. Pat's systems are not 'a conversion'.. They were / are an invention.. Even if Darth Bishoff didn't 'invent the KTP', he sure as heckfire invented the application of them for our industry, *and* trail-blazed his incredibly-well engineered units into a Revolutionary product.. Pat - yet again - my hat is off, Sir..

re: '..Sho me the Blu', well.. I think C-Lo and I are gonna have to work out an 'arranged marriage'...

Name:	DSLI_BF30_TableShot.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	247.4 KB 
ID:	45092 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_BF30_Beam2.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	290.5 KB 
ID:	45087 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_BF30_Beam1.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	240.2 KB 
ID:	45088 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_BF30_Beam3.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	277.8 KB 
ID:	45089 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_BF30_DeckMnt3.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	267.7 KB 
ID:	45090 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_BF30_DIWater_IO.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	228.9 KB 
ID:	45091 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSLI_BF30_wHEx.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	256.3 KB 
ID:	45093 ...and post pix of the 'wedding nite'..

..and, while I'll never-say this pup is on-par with Pat's level of engineering / innovation, I would dare-say - with the craftsmanship Sir Chad (the designer / engineer / machinist on this project..) came up with on the optical-design / 'all-in-one brick' engineering of this puppy, it is also a 'revolutionary product'... No, not, perhaps, the 'first 30W blu', but.. Dang-near the Best, if-not The, out there, in this 'power-class'.. Why? Well..

..a) My initial-idea to integrate a 'cooling-plate layer', that would, via a 'serpentine channel', cool the entire base, w/o need for 'TECs', is unique in all the world (of entertainment-lasers..) - afaik.. Certainly, one that is-designed to drop on the OEM LS-deck / in-place of the attenuation-section cooling-plate, and tie-into the existing cooling loop, in-place of it, is truly-unique.. b) Chad's thermal-channeling design is so-efficient, it can either be run off an 'outboard HEx' (see above..) and even running *full bore* (~32.5W out the window..), the external case-temp is less than 95˚... or, even with just a 'fan-cooled heatsink', and it's still astonishingly-cool to the touch.. c) There's no waveplate-needed, and yet, the beam is 10mm x 10mm, (NOT 10x11 ) and 'divergence' is a matter of which colli-lenses are used, initially, as-per 'Client-goal' (better indie-div. or moar-power..) but, it's so-well adjustable - yet *rock solid* convergence-wise - that you can get dang-near an 8mm beam, far-field.. d) With a simple diode-core change, these will run 9mm diodes, and Output is calc'd to exceed 45W, out the biz-end.. All with an integrated-driver (still in-dev..) so this 'VCR-tape size' brick is all you need.. Apply 24V @ 13A Drive, and +5V Modu, and yer off drilling copper faces...

Name:	Lincoln's Bad Head Day.JPG 
Views:	86 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	45094 ..and Yes, we plan to offer with 520 (..anybody wanna pony-up 20x 1W 520s? and (FAC'd) Red is also on the horizon...

..BUT, as with all 'Geppetto's', tending to one's own house, first, is always the 'daily jauggernaut', and so, Dev is slow, yet steady.. The 'BlüFlame', however, is ready to go.. Once C-Lo and I get a chance to supe-up his hottie, there, next step will be to see how / if we could 'integrate' a Blu... at least for some pix..

..OK, back to the bitchin'-LS channel..
    j
    Last edited by dsli_jon; 10-17-2014 at 21:26. Reason: bahd spellur
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Sale Cancelled.

Thank you.
    Last edited by carlos3621; 02-02-2015 at 10:16.
    RGB laser projectors
    Pangolin Beyond .NET
    APC40 Midi controllers
    Pangolin FB3 controllers
    DZ splitter