Thread: New NOS (New Old Stock) Research Electro Optics YELLOW Helium Neon Laser LHYR-0050M

Default New NOS (New Old Stock) Research Electro Optics YELLOW Helium Neon Laser LHYR-0050M

I just bought this 594.1nm YELLOW NOS tube from Lightparts in Austin Texas. It was the last one they had!

I have decided to sell it to buy some other Halloween related electronics I need. I have listed it on Ebay http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-NOS-REO-.../191339908205?

This laser is unused except for the 20 minutes I ran it to test the power output. I used a Coherent Lasercheck Power meter (NOT INCLUDED IN THE AUCTION)set for 594.1nm wavelength.

To test the laser tube, I used a brand new Laser Drive HeNe power supply (NOT INCLUDED IN THE AUCTION), let the tube warm up and then took several measurements over 15 minutes. I threw out the highest and lowest power measurements and then took an average.

The average power was 3.33mW, AND IT IS YELLOW!

I bought this from Lightparts in Austin Texas and it is definitely an NOS tube - 594.1nm Yellow. I was lucky to get it when I did because this was the last Yellow tube they had.
    Last edited by djeric68; 09-21-2014 at 12:17. Reason: corrected description
    Eric in New Orleans

the specs for the PS that you used??
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-