Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: ildaGen - ILDA file creation tool

New version 0.9.6.1

This is a minor update, no new major features, but there are some changes:

- You can now hold Q to snap the cursor to the nearest tip of any object. This is still a bit buggy if there are many potential snap points close by though, sorry!
    - You can now hold Z to zoom in around the cursor for better precision drawing.
    - You can now press F11 to toggle borderless fullscreen (stretched)
    - Performance increases
    - Better UI font rendering
    - The full zipped version of LaserBoy is now included instead of a stripped down version
    - Some enhancements to the manual
    - Some bug fixes

And the price has increased as warned, to $24.90. Sorry, I still feel a bit bad
    Last edited by Grix; 11-20-2014 at 12:24.

My I suggest you name your help.pdf something a bit more associated with your current version of the application?

Like: ildaGen-0.9.6.1-help.pdf

If you need to edit it before you come out with a new release of the app...

ildaGen-0.9.6.1-help-v02.pdf

James.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    My I suggest you name your help.pdf something a bit more associated with your current version of the application?

Like: ildaGen-0.9.6.1-help.pdf

If you need to edit it before you come out with a new release of the app...

ildaGen-0.9.6.1-help-v02.pdf

James.
    Yeah that is a good idea, thanks, I'll do that from now on.

The version on the internet needs a constant name though, so that no links get broken when it changes

Can you do that with a symbolic link on the server?

help.pdf --> ildaGen-0.9.6.1-help.pdf

I don't know anything about your server platform or your level of access to it.

I just know that when I click on that link I get another help(1).pdf, etc... buried in my downloads folder.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Can you do that with a symbolic link on the server?

help.pdf --> ildaGen-0.9.6.1-help.pdf

I don't know anything about your server platform or your level of access to it.

I just know that when I click on that link I get another help(1).pdf, etc... buried in my downloads folder.
    Hehe, you should delete the old files, or just select open instead of save in the download dialog

Yeah but I'll look into it. Right now the file is not hosted on my own server though so I would probably need to move it my server to make a symbolic link. But maybe I should just do that anyway and get it over with, I'd probably need to at a later point anyway.

Today it's Black Friday and you can get 20% off everything at our store including ildaGen! Use coupon "BITCOIN" in shopping cart before checking out.

In other news, the next update is well underway. I think you will like this one, I am working on two new major features, and a general better feel with UI tweaks and bug fixes. Still more work to do though, and also I got exams these days so I'm a bit busy. But I hope to release it in December.

New version today, 0.9.7, and I am pretty happy with this release! In addition to two new major features, I have done a lot of tweaking and bug fixing, and I dare say it's an overall solid improvement. Also it looks a bit better with a new layout.

- Arbitrary function modes for shape, coloring and blanking
    You can now write your own mathematical functions to describe the objects in the ILDA file. I haven't used it so I'm not sure, but I believe this is kind of similar to some of LSX's features. It's potentially a very powerful tool, but it might take some studying and getting used to.

- Better object manipulation tool with rotation, scaling and displacement
    This is a big improvement over the earlier slider-based movement tool. You can now move, scale and rotate selected objects super intuitively by just clicking and dragging them with the cursor. You can also manually set the anchor point for rotation and scaling, meaning the manipulations doesn't necessarily have to be symmetrical and uniform.

- Interface design refresh, a better look and layout.

- Simple scanner optimization at export, right click on the export button to choose between minimized and optimized output. This is very basic though, it is still recommended to run the files through something with better post-processing if your DAC/show software doesn't do it automatically.

- Many bug fixes
    - Performance improvements
    - Minor tweaks
    - Help file improvements

Take a look at the updated screenshot in the first post of the thread for a quick look!

I DEFINITELY miss the sliders on the older versions; these new "click on objects" things don't seem to make the objects move at all! X,Y, it's way too confusing and I still can't get objects to move...

Quote Originally Posted by VibrationsOfDoom View Post
    I DEFINITELY miss the sliders on the older versions; these new "click on objects" things don't seem to make the objects move at all! X,Y, it's way too confusing and I still can't get objects to move...
    Hmm, have you selected the object first, by using the up and down arrows, so that you see the blue square surrounding it? If so you should be able to simply drag it with your mouse, very straightforward. Like this: http://i.gyazo.com/9c977ccbc286476d0f2379d3ff68236f.mp4

WOW... Just... wow... At first I couldn't get the idea, but man, this way of animation goes far beyond the old slider technique!! It's almost like moving the object in 3 dimensions!!! Crazy stuff, man... Can't wait to see what else you come up with for this thing...