Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast

Thread: ildaGen - ILDA file creation tool

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtortoise View Post
    Just downloaded v0.9.8 and it is really simple to use, way easier than I would expect for something so powerful and I will be buying the full version pretty soon.

Anywho I noticed that the blanking feature on circles is bugged. if you use it on an integer, the blanks don't line up. on half integers it is much better but still a little off.

One more thing, are licenses bound to one computer or one computer at a time?
    Thanks for the feedback!

Hm, if you mean what I think you mean, that is by design, it is not really a bug. When using a integer, the function that controls the blanking is supposed to stop half a period before the starting position, and so when using it on a circle the function will not be continuous and you'll get one long blanking interval rather than even spacing at one section. The function doesn't differentiate between circles and other shapes.

Can you explain better how it still looks off even when using a half integer setting? A screenshot?

If it helps, you can adjust the setting manually by right-clicking on the +/- buttons. So for example, if 4.5 doesn't work perfectly, maybe 4.49 or something will.

No, licenses can be used on several computers

Ok, I was playing around with it more and that seems to be the problem, it is only evenly distributed when ending in .54, weird but not too hard to get used to.

Oh a half integer it looks like this http://gyazo.com/68f9e0326b9e6e0ab5095dea4a14702c
    The top gap is a little smaller than the other two.

Ah, I see. Yes, this is probably a rounding error of sorts, a side effect of the fact that the path is sample based. I have been planning to make this work better so that all important points such as the end of lit segments are exactly where they should be, but it's a bit tricky so I haven't finished it yet.

To work around it, you can adjust the point density using the DENS button. If you set it very low it should become more accurate. However this will probably create too many points for normal scanners to handle, so you will have to optimize it afterwards, for example using ild sos or LaserBoy. But ildagen is not very good at optimizing yet so you'd probably want to to that anyway.

I just released version 0.9.9, one of two releases since the last time I posted in this thread. They are not huge releases, but if you have not updated yet, I very much recommend it. The program is getting more and more solid, with many bug fixes and small tweaks. There are also a few new features, such as more animation modes, the ability to easily repeat animations x times and somewhat better scanner optimization.

You may also notice some buttons referencing a timeline mode, which is not active yet. This is the reason the updates in the last few months have been relatively minor, I have mostly been working on the timeline mode behind the scenes. Soon, you will be able to create full-length shows in ildaGen, with layers and music, not just snippets!

Also, I have submitted ildaGen and Vrilda to the ILDA Fenning awards. Here goes nothing!

So I just got the full version and got the "Could not save" turns out that it is because I was saving to my D drive. I switched the saving location to the C drive and its fine. Its not that big of a deal but just letting you know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomtortoise View Post
    So I just got the full version and got the "Could not save" turns out that it is because I was saving to my D drive. I switched the saving location to the C drive and its fine. Its not that big of a deal but just letting you know.
    Thanks for letting me know. It might be a problem with permissions, if you right click on the program and select run as administrator, you might be able to save directly to the D drive as well

New version today. Please note that the program have changed name, from ildaGen to LasershowGen. I should have realized sooner that I'm not actually allowed to use the name ILDA in my product, which I was informed of when I submitted the program to the ILDA awards. Sorry about that! The new name, (though admittedly bland, I didn't have that much time to think of a new one ) probably fits a bit better too as I hope to make the program a full laser show solution some time, not just an ILDA file creator.

NB: Please uninstall the last version of ildaGen before installing LasershowGen to avoid multiple instances of the program on your computer.

New features in this version:

- Symbol tool, based on Hershey fonts. You can insert lots of different symbols including western, greek, cyrillic and japanese glyphs, and also math, weather, music notation etc. See the screenshot below for some examples.

- You can now select and manipulate multiple objects at once. Note that you need to use CTRL + click to select, the up/down arrow keys no longer work.

- Bugfixes and tweaks

- Better updater, from now on the program will automatically download and launch the installer for the next version when it is released (if you want it to), so you don't have to manually download.

By the way, the new symbol tools also works in the web version, so you can use that to create text instead of the text tool, which does not work in the web version yet.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hersheypreview.png  

Last edited by Grix; 05-06-2015 at 07:43.

New version today, and this is the biggest update since the release of the program!

Introducing the timeline mode, you can now create much more complex and long ILDA files by combining several objects, either ILDA files made in the editor mode (what used to be the whole program) or ILDA files imported from third parties. You can also load music to sync your show to, with detailed visualization using both volume and frequency to make it super easy to find the beats to sync the lasershow to.

Unfortunately the timeline mode is not yet available in web version, but that might change in the future.

Also, in the editor mode, I have added a proper blend mode selector to blanking when reapplying, so you can create much more complex blanking patterns on your frames.

I've also added a top menu which now contains a lot of the options that used to be their own buttons.

As always, please share feedback and bug reports, I really appreciate it.

Here's a screenshot of the new timeline mode:

This update looks promising, when I get my projector, I will have lots of fun playing with the program.
    It reminds me of the DAW software for music creation, really nice and intuïtive!
    Somehow, I'm still having trouble though importing .ild files from the server.
    Does anyone else have that as well?

David

Edit:
    This is the error--
    ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Other Event: User Defined 0
    for object oDropDown:

Cannot load buffer file

Unexpected byte: 0 = 619. Is this a valid ILDA file?

Quote Originally Posted by boempa View Post
    This update looks promising, when I get my projector, I will have lots of fun playing with the program.
    It reminds me of the DAW software for music creation, really nice and intuïtive!
    Somehow, I'm still having trouble though importing .ild files from the server.
    Does anyone else have that as well?

David

Edit:
    This is the error--
    ERROR in
    action number 1
    of Other Event: User Defined 0
    for object oDropDown:

Cannot load buffer file

Unexpected byte: 0 = 619. Is this a valid ILDA file?
    Strange, I thought this should be fixed.. Can you email me the ilda file or something? gitlem at gmail.com