Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ildaGen - ILDA file creation tool

Hello,

According to the ILDA spec (page 12), a format code 5 ILDA file needs a header with each frame.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	headerperframe.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	44859

For an example, look at the "courier_new.ild" that installs with LaserBoy. It has a 94 frames. If you search for "ILDA" in the file, there are 96 entries.

Just a thought.

ED

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Nope - just tried again and yes, I'm certain about the hot fix. Two interesting things to note. In the lower left hand corner of your workspace window, it's saying: Frame 0/0 The other is when opening the cue in Quickshow (which I know you don't have) the circle (in this case) zooms up from a dot. (I'm sure that's Quickshow related.)

I'll tell you the other thing I'd be interested in and that's simply the ability to open a previously created frame file. Say I start drawing something and get interrupted by work or something. I see no way to go back and open what I was working on.

My momentum is too precisely determined :S

You are right ED. But two objections:

-You should look for ILDA000 instead of ILDA because ILDA regularly occurs in the header itself. And take care you search for 0 instead of '0' (the ascii character 0) because those are not the same (for those with a good memory: this was an embarrassing bug in my program where it would write '0' instead of 0 to ilda files so they would render incorrectly - woops!)

-An Ilda file should always end with a header with no data. The total point count of zero indicates it's the end of file header. A single frame file should always have two headers at minimum. http://www.photonlexicon.com/wiki/in...tle=ILDA_files
    The courier_new.ild file might have a palette in addition to an end of file header so that makes two more headers than there are frames.

Brad's file renders fine in my program so it's definately Quickshow/Pangolin.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Nope - just tried again and yes, I'm certain about the hot fix. Two interesting things to note. In the lower left hand corner of your workspace window, it's saying: Frame 0/0 The other is when opening the cue in Quickshow (which I know you don't have) the circle (in this case) zooms up from a dot. (I'm sure that's Quickshow related.)

I'll tell you the other thing I'd be interested in and that's simply the ability to open a previously created frame file. Say I start drawing something and get interrupted by work or something. I see no way to go back and open what I was working on.
    Can you try exporting something with this and see if it works and post the resulting file? http://bitlasers.com/opencart/ildagen-hotfix.zip

Frame 0/0 is normal. The frame count starts at 0, so it's just saying that it is currently at the first and only frame. Maybe I should make the frame count start at 1 instead to make it more intuitive (1/1 sounds better than 0/0 I guess).

As for the ability to open and edit frame files, this feature is definitely planned. Not just ones made with this program, but any ilda file. It will take bit of work though, but stay tuned

@ED: The program should be ilda compliant when it comes to multi-frame files. Take a look at the animated ilda example in the first post to see a multi-frame file exported by this program. As you can see every frame has a proper header, plus a null header at the end.

Woo hoo! That did it.

Now... question is, that was just the program that I downloaded from the link above. I extracted it it and ran the app. I didn't install it. Can I use the installer for v0.9.2 to actually install the hotfix? I noticed you had a separate installer for v0.9.1
    and didn't know if this is still considered v0.9.2

example6.ild Here was the frame by the way.

You can just copy the exe file and overwrite the one in the program files folder.

Ok, thank you!

Very Nice, Sir Grix! Posting to track / remind to-order, asap..

..Also, what about 'cut / copy / paste' of your created-objects, 'tween frames? And, 'dupe-frame'? Those would be very-helpful tools for us crazy-artist people...

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

New version! v0.9.3, with two major new features! Download link is in the product page: http://bitlasers.com/opencart/index....&product_id=82

- Curve tool - A proper cubic bezier curve tool like most vectoring programs have. When using this, press enter after adjusting the curve to finalize and place it.
    - "3D" scanner preview - Press space to switch to a simulated scanner preview like in the second ilda example in the first post in this thread.
    - You can now double click S or R to toggle the grids rather than having to hold down the button.
    - You can now hold down Ctrl while adjusting color to move all RGB sliders at once.
    - And some various bugfixes

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Very Nice, Sir Grix! Posting to track / remind to-order, asap..

..Also, what about 'cut / copy / paste' of your created-objects, 'tween frames? And, 'dupe-frame'? Those would be very-helpful tools for us crazy-artist people...

cheers..
    j

Thanks for the suggestions! I will see what I can do