Page 1 of 17 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: ildaGen - ILDA file creation tool

Default LasershowGen - ILDA file creation tool

Check out the new dedicated page with information and download links: https://bitlasers.com/lasershowgen-sw/

LasershowGen (formerly ildaGen) is a freemium software tool for Windows, Mac and Linux, designed to make it cheaper and easier than ever before to create your own laser shows. It can export to ILDA files, which can be read by laser projectors with SD card readers. LasershowGen can also output directly to Laser DACs for full control over your laser projector in real-time. It supports various devices including our own Helios Laser DAC, LaserDock, IDN, Ether Dream, RIYA products, Easylase, sound cards and OLSD.

Also available in a web version (HTML5), create ILDA files directly in your web browser on any operating system, without downloading or installing anything.

Also check out the reddit community to share content, suggest features, ask for help and more: www.reddit.com/r/lasershowgen/

LasershowGen is free, with limited functionality. The free edition does not have access to the timeline mode, and has a max number of file exports per day of 10. The Full version unlocks these features and more, and costs just $29.90.

2nd place in the 2015 ILDA Fenning Awards: http://www.laserist.org/awards2015.htm

New features and bug fixes will be implemented as new versions are released. The price may increase in the future as the program matures, but any license bought now will continue to be valid.

Please tell me what you think! If you have any criticism or suggestion for new features, please share!

Here is a screenshot of the program in action:

Last edited by Grix; 11-22-2019 at 22:39.

Thanks! Any work in adding to the frame creation process is appreciated!
    Is there any way to see what the settings do created in animation before purchasing?
    What makes the lines Go?

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Thanks! Any work in adding to the frame creation process is appreciated!
    Is there any way to see what the settings do created in animation before purchasing?
    What makes the lines Go?
    You can use the arrow keys to scroll through the frames and preview the entire animation.

Not quite sure what you mean by making the lines go, if you mean like in the third sample file, it is made by using the dashed blanking mode, enabling animation in the lower left corner, then modifying the blanking offset settings, both the starting value (in the blanking section to the right), and the ending value (in the animation section at the bottom). For example if you set the starting value to 0 and the ending value to 360, the lines will move one period over the course of the animation, like in the sample file. (PS: The gif is pretty bad, it starts and ends at the wrong times, look at the actual ilda file instead for a better look)

I will probably make a tutorial video or text manual or something soon to properly explain the various tools and controls For now, one can look in the help.rtf document here for a brief explanation of keyboard controls, and also you can hover the mouse over the buttons and sliders to get a tooltip text in the corner
    Last edited by Grix; 09-21-2014 at 14:30.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Can I load a BMP or PNG in the background for rotoscoping? Can I have the last frame I drew "onion-skinned" in very light grey in the background for free hand drawing of animations? Snap to grid?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Ok...I liked what I saw...and I bought...I await serial key.
    I will support in any way I can...new development...

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Ok...I liked what I saw...and I bought...I await serial key.
    I will support in any way I can...new development...
    Thank you very much!

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Can I load a BMP or PNG in the background for rotoscoping? Can I have the last frame I drew "onion-skinned" in very light grey in the background for free hand drawing of animations? Snap to grid?

Steve
    Those are all very good suggestions! I will try adding them to the next version. I might get it done this week.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Also need to Undo/Delete Point and at least two levels of Undo Last Actions.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Also need to Undo/Delete Point and at least two levels of Undo Last Actions.

Steve
    It already has an undo button, with practically infinite levels of history. It's next to the export button. But I will also bind it to Ctrl-Z next update. It's a bit rough though, right now it only counts drawing a whole segment, and changing point or animation resolution, as an action.

And done! I worked on this for a few hours today and added all the suggested features, including snapping to grid, onion skinning and rotoscoping, plus a bit extra. I updated the links in the original post. And, also I drafted a manual of sorts that can be found by clicking the "HELP" button in the program.

Looks like there is a weird way of saving the ild files, looks like it saves it in both ilda 0 and 5 format at the same time. Will there be a way to specify what format of ild you can save the files in?

Looks promising!