Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: lightspace ascent-x series

White-Light :

I tryed a pluto with 462nm and 520nm, while pure bleu is nicer for sure, I can just get the exact same with mixing a little bit of green in 445nm. You just need to think of it when you creat your cue. And since I still do like super deep bleu, I will stick with 445nm !

The discoscan is a nice toy, sure the beam quality is getting way worse, but the scan angle is crazy ! 175° ( no idea how pangolin claims 360° ) I will keep it has tools. Like stands, some trussing cables ect ...

Bradfo69 : Yep, it's just my own logo there, with a few change I ask, but comes from Melody

@djem, it's not so much the blue colour I'm worried about but the yellows and oranges.

Now that should be impossible because yellow doesn't involve blue. However, I've seen something similar to this before and wonder therefore if either we're seeing the effect of adjacent blues being lighter and somehow visually lifting the yellow appearance up, maybe some kind of luminosity effect.

With 445 and 520nm, they're not as nice as 532 / 445. However, the 520/462 combo looks much nicer in those videos if the camera can be believed.
    Last edited by White-Light; 01-26-2015 at 00:16.

Hi!
    Thanks for the pics.
    About close-up open module... these are two 520 diodes right?
    I dont understand how they combine these two diodes...
    ok, diode on left bounce on prism mirror...in the middle it seems a waveplate...ok, but on the right side mirror mount...is that a dichro? I expected to find a PBS there! so confused... and if its a knife edge setup... why this optic in the middle? it seems a wp... but wp's I own are thinner...
    any expert please?
    thanks!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	46212

Quote Originally Posted by djem View Post
    Few picture from mine 6W version

And I love that unit
    Last edited by jors; 02-01-2015 at 11:09.

Now some pict of the 12W version

Thanks!! really nice pics!
    What is this optic? I expected to find a PBS cube here...Is that a polarising beam splitter plate acting as a PBS cube?:
    like this?: https://www.thorlabs.de/NewGroupPage...tGroup_ID=6004
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	150320103415696392.jpg 
Views:	27 
Size:	252.7 KB 
ID:	46630

Yes, you are correct

OK thanks! maybe less losses than Cube....

I reckon they could tighten up the knife edging on the green and blue a bit - bring the reflected one a bit nearer the edge.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I'm not very experienced with the technology, but isn't prisms or cylindrical lens pair after knife edging used to narrow the beam (beam array) diameter and make the beams not look like an array of separated beams with gaps between each? From the photos it seems the prisms just decrease the divergence and increase beam diameters. So I see the module outputting several clearly spaced beams. Maybe this is exactly what norty means too? Won't that be very visible for graphics as well as on the beams from a bit far distance.
    And isn't the final beam a bit wide for the scanner mirrors (have a beam expander placed before the scanner mirrors)?

And slightly different question, is there any active cooling used for these modules?

Never seen proper photos of the insides of commercial diode modules. Thanks for posting.
    Last edited by blue; 03-20-2015 at 05:50.

IMO For multimode quads is better going with F2 collimators, so you can stack two beams (doubled with PBS) at 4mm height.
    After that just One set cyls to expand horizontal. This way delivers better (more 'square') FF beam profile then knife+prisms. On such setup you need to fix all 4 diodes at the same beam path length to cyls in order to achieve the same expansion for all.
    Correcting knife edged beams with prisms also increases the gap between beams...but I suppose they overlap after few meters
    Last edited by jors; 03-23-2015 at 14:02.