Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hire and shows prices help...

Thanks DJ3, does that include your time? I'm with Norty, would like to earn that here as well.

Out of interest JD3, how do you figure your kit charges? I make them at 15-20% of purchase price, which seems high for most hire markets. That said, if you can get it...
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

And is that "dry hire", JD3? Or, with you operating them? I think somewhere I recall you saying you rent your stuff to clubs. So.... do you go in, set it up and hand the controls to an LD? Is this with computer/software?

I tend to charge what I think the market will bear but, I'm also in the unique position that there is no competition or market to compare to in the first place. I also only market to my existing clients in my own venue. I KNOW I over deliver and probably don't charge enough for what I really DO set up. I've only taken them out of here twice and, both were more of a learning experience for me that was probably a wash.

You do have a little more balls than me though as charging for walking in with one laser seems "odd". I personally would want four - three as the minimum for the show and, one sitting in a box as a backup in case one goes down. I get real nervous charging someone for something without having some sort of back up I can grab and have running quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by gandalfthegrey View Post
    Thanks DJ3, does that include your time? I'm with Norty, would like to earn that here as well.
    Yes that includes my time as well
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Out of interest JD3, how do you figure your kit charges? I make them at 15-20% of purchase price, which seems high for most hire markets. That said, if you can get it...
    Around 15% of purchase price, + Consumables, +time taken to create content, + difficulty of setup

Usually i will do half price for first time clients, that way we can bring out 5 lasers or so.

Its hard to just jump up and sell a $3,000 gig without some sort of visual reference. So Ill bring the big kit out once, cheap, so they can see what they COULD get in the future.
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    And is that "dry hire", JD3? Or, with you operating them? I think somewhere I recall you saying you rent your stuff to clubs. So.... do you go in, set it up and hand the controls to an LD? Is this with computer/software?

I tend to charge what I think the market will bear but, I'm also in the unique position that there is no competition or market to compare to in the first place. I also only market to my existing clients in my own venue. I KNOW I over deliver and probably don't charge enough for what I really DO set up. I've only taken them out of here twice and, both were more of a learning experience for me that was probably a wash.

You do have a little more balls than me though as charging for walking in with one laser seems "odd". I personally would want four - three as the minimum for the show and, one sitting in a box as a backup in case one goes down. I get real nervous charging someone for something without having some sort of back up I can grab and have running quickly.
    I never ever dry hire, no way haha.

Clubs and venues rent ME AND MY LASERS, I come as a package (sounds like prostitution doesn't it haha)

I personally don't like doing single laser shows unless its graphics. Its just boring to me and the "show" suffers if im bored. Id like to say two as i minimum, which is usually all people can afford (2-3). So I toss little deals out every now and then or do a free show here and there to keep interest high.
    -dnar