Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever wonder if the Laser Police Watch Youtube?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Laser Wizardry View Post
    ...wrong thread title. ...Youtube had nothing to do with it. ..
    ..Well, yes and no.. Yes, they 'do check-out stuff, online', but.. this case is Proof-positive, that, a) They *do read* / attend-to the 'official trade-complaints', sent thru here: http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...ci/contact.cfm ..and b) they Can, Will, and DO take action, on one of these 'complaints'.. *THAT'S* the salient-point, here..

..They're not 'asleep', and they DO 'care' about these issues.. They're just unbelievably oversaturated / under-staffed, for the amount of 'issues' - nationwide - they have to deal with.. 'Light show-morons' are the *least* of their problems... (..think illegal / unsafe 'Chijector-imports' are a handful? Imagine all the medical / 'beauty' / "healthcare product" imports they must deal with?! I bet their jobs are quite +_+

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    ...Personally I'm also soft on the Illigal shows (that being shows without a variance/license) as long as they are safe!
    ..Yeah, but that's really a bad-policy, because of what it 'teaches'.. Allowing clowns like 'Epic-Fail' to operate, unchecked - even-if he says 'ok, sorry, I'll never do AS-shows again, my bad..' - just 'sends the message' that it's 'no big deal'.. it's just *bad education*, all the way around..

...Remember, the primary goal of the FDA's "Regs" is *EDUCATION*, of what is / isn't Safe, and 'Best Practices' to-ensure everyone has a good time / isn't hurt, etc, and, ensuring that that education gets 'passed-on', from Manuf., to Dealer / Distro, to Sho. Co / Installer.. to end-User - that's it! They're NOT out for 'evil domination of our rights', here, and it's not like they are trying to 'make $$' off this all / evilly tax us, etc...

..So, really, the *best way* to keep them 'OUT of our hair', is to simply SEE the 'wisdom in the Regs' / in complying with their few - really, actually - simple Regs - the Medical-side is *far* worse / finicky.. And, in so-doing.. Compliance doesn't hurt people. Hacks - like 'Epic' - however, Do. Or, will..

..This 'case' is really gonna be a 'defining moment' for the CDRH, I hope they do, indeed, 'follow-thru'. To that-end, as Sir K encourages, 'other Reports will only help', here.. And, *especially, now*, that he's clearly giving them the finger.. And, ya know what? Even his *first* Var-submission would not - legally - allow him to own / operate that 'Lucy' rig, since the moron only listed "10 Watts Max" of each of his color-lines in his App!.. That's only 30, not 45W, Duh! ..Again - EDUCATION, and this Neanderthal clearly needs to start from scratch..

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...Now... if we can just get something done about XStatic in Brooklyn...
    Get me some contact-names.. The new(ish) Enforcement guy, K. Dillon, is someone that will take-action, if brought directly to his attention.. Also, as in this case, 'directly-incriminating evidence' is crucial.. *Must* be something that both a) is clearly 'here in the US' (like Epic-Tool's web-vid of the 'Art-Phx'-whatever it was, stating "Phoenix, AZ"..) and b) clearly 'theirs'.. Either product-vids showing an 'X-static logo' or, ie: if they 'brand the pix / vid' with their logo / put it on their website (thus, 'stating ownership', etc..) Also helps if the vid / pix, clearly show the illegal / unsafe / un-approved fx, like Epic-Facescanner's did..

..Keep the salvos up, guys! Won't rest till this DB 'gets a clue' / changes / does it RIGHT, or.. GsTFO..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    here's a good candidate. 10W into the crowd.

safety aside... this show sucks.. Looks like he just set Master BPM to 1000 and put VLJ on... Looks like garbage
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    this show sucks.
    Completely agree!

Looks like he just set Master BPM to 1000 and put VLJ on.
    Otherwise known as the "SPAZ AND FLAIL" setting...

Looks like garbage
    Yes it does. And to top it all off, it's unsafe. Sigh...

Adam

LOL seriously. I would be ashamed to have my name on this show. Much less post it on youtube...
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

There are so many variances now I don't see how the CDRH can stay on top of what everyone is doing. Except by our self-policing the industry and ratting out the hazardous operators. One way to avoid violating the conditions of your variance is to not have one. I'll bet there are still people operating multiwatt lasers in public with no variance at all. Though, getting harder with YouTube proof - it's not just hearsay. Epic can have another chance - being invited to apply for a new vaiance, providing info on how they fixed their problems etc. That's pretty generous of the CDRH. It will be interesting to see how they address this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TLvxPgBh1dM

I hate when clubs buy their own lasers and just point the shit in the crowd.. this is just a few blocks from my house
    -dnar

Drop a dime on their ass..

Adam

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Drop the dime with the local health department and the fire marshall. Far more likely to get them interested then DC. NFPA code allows fire personel to regulate lasers if their city has adopted that part of the example national code.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by JD3 View Post
    ...this is just a few blocks from my house
    ..+1 for mixedgas's comments.. Get a FM in there, and 'put a $1 bill at the aperture of the pj' (..if ya can get to it..) ..And when it smokes n 'lights up' / pops a flame.. so will his ire..

..And don't forget your local DSHS! Texas requires a Licensed Op / System / Site-Registration.. http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/laser.shtm

Here's some further-helpful linx: http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/actions.shtm and.. http://www.dshs.state.tx.us/radiation/complaints.shtm

..Go get 'em, tiger!

j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Just saw this.
    apparently that laser he has was made by able laser
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	able.png 
Views:	54 
Size:	465.7 KB 
ID:	45155
    wonder if he still uses it.