Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Update on IRC Outage

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default Update on IRC Outage

    Hello Everyone!

    I'm happy to report that the IRC network is back online. The webchat has been updated, as well as the irc.36hz.net DNS.

    Sorry for the downtime

  2. #2
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,552

    Default

    thanks phy!

    we owe you an adult beverage of your choice.

    Quote Originally Posted by phy View Post
    Hello Everyone!

    I'm happy to report that the IRC network is back online. The webchat has been updated, as well as the irc.36hz.net DNS.

    Sorry for the downtime
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fort Mill, SC USA
    Posts
    1,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by swamidog View Post
    thanks phy!

    we owe you an adult beverage of your choice.
    Indeed! Thank you, Phy!
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

  4. #4
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,552

    Default

    still having some issues with non-web based access:

    mutagenic:~ cshort$ telnet irc.36hz.net 6667
    Trying 67.209.227.213...
    telnet: connect to address 67.209.227.213: Operation timed out
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Yeah, sorry forgot to mention, the DNS switch may take a little while. Shouldn't be too long though, TTL is 1200 :P

  6. #6
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,552

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phy View Post
    Yeah, sorry forgot to mention, the DNS switch may take a little while. Shouldn't be too long though, TTL is 1200 :P
    1200 days?

    "the myth of the killer ape is true!"
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    4

    Default

    1200 seconds :P

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    305

    Default

    * Looking up irc.36hz.net
    * Connecting to irc.36hz.net (67.209.227.213) port 6667...
    * Connection failed. Error: No route to host
    Cycling to next server in Photonlexicon...
    * Disconnected ().

    it seems to find it and can look it up, the no route to host error follows.

    can someone that is on it paste back here the results of the /map command, please and thanks!

  9. #9
    swamidog's Avatar
    swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    santa fe, nm
    Posts
    1,545,552

    Default

    refresh your dns sever.

    Quote Originally Posted by LaserCo View Post
    * Looking up irc.36hz.net
    * Connecting to irc.36hz.net (67.209.227.213) port 6667...
    * Connection failed. Error: No route to host
    Cycling to next server in Photonlexicon...
    * Disconnected ().

    it seems to find it and can look it up, the no route to host error follows.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •