Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: outdoor projector housing?

Default outdoor projector housing?

Looking for a solution for a possible month long project that would require a laser projector out doors for the duration. Any one have any suggestions on a outdoor housing ?

That would make me crazy nervous here in Texas. With the LARGE temperature swings, regardless of how well the case is sealed, you would have moisture/condensation buildup inside. Not to mention the area with the power supplies that wouldn't be sealed.
    Desiccant (Scillica Gel) is very cheap thankfully
    "This is not "work". It's a disease, addiction and passion. Only slightly cheaper than cocaine, but similar effects."
    -dnar

Goldenstar has done some large outdoor cases in a few styles. China likes to use them for signs on buildings.

In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Best solution (and quick) is look for a Moving head dome, even the inflatable ones are pretty good and it'll save you loads of time. Added bonus is they both have fans fitted (the solid ones have two way extraction, and the inflatables are pretty good on airflow)
    Google Martin Mac King dome
    You should be able to hire one from a decent lx company.
    I've got some on a permanent install that are over 5 years old and have never leaked, condensation build up clears quickly with a 575 heating it but a dehumidifier works brilliantly with a laser ����
    lighting the way since 89

Quote Originally Posted by ClearBlu View Post
    Best solution (and quick) is look for a Moving head dome, even the inflatable ones are pretty good and it'll save you loads of time. Added bonus is they both have fans fitted (the solid ones have two way extraction, and the inflatables are pretty good on airflow)
    Google Martin Mac King dome
    You should be able to hire one from a decent lx company.
    I've got some on a permanent install that are over 5 years old and have never leaked, condensation build up clears quickly with a 575 heating it but a dehumidifier works brilliantly with a laser ����
    The martin one seems to be discontinued , and google searches and ebay searches bring few results :-(

I'm right in the process of building an outdoor case, with the hope of a good result.

I buyed this case which is at least splash protected so it should be ok against rain : http://www.alutec.net/index.php?b-boxes-series
    and now I have to drill some holes for power and ILDA cables, and the exit window. I will also build a little heater inside with a thermostat at 15°C, removing any condensation and maintaining an optimal temperature...

Quote Originally Posted by sbk View Post
    I will also build a little heater inside with a thermostat at 15°C, removing any condensation and maintaining an optimal temperature...
    keep me updated on how your doing that please :-)

I was thinking about doing the same sbk building a housing that would be temp controlled. I looked at the Moving head domes and all the ones i found only have power and dmx pass thru built into the domes. Thanks you everyone for your reply's. Ill keep this updated as i figure a solution out.