Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So...anyone seen the new Pangolin-associated product mentioned at SELEM 2014 yet?

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

remains to be seen.

i wouldn't put off any purchases for something that right now is just vaporware.

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    Ah...yessss...very cheap...but very hackable were the words I recall.
    A tacky projector on the outside...a Tardis on the inside...perhaps?
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Pretty sure they said it would not be standard hardware. But a lot of embedded stuff. Probably not very hackable.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Oh, I'm sure a few of these things will be ripped apart!

Did I hear home depot?
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Christ...stomer_reviews

I cannot imagine Pangolin selling something like this.

The Pangolin rep was Very cagey about details...but I believe he said it would be cheaper than that...and he was Definitely distancing Pangolin from the product...but said that the Insides would be Very Interesting!
    I'm Still holding out hope that This is Not of what he spoke...Time will tell...

Quote Originally Posted by LaserCo View Post
    Did I hear home depot?
    http://www.homedepot.com/p/Mr-Christ...stomer_reviews

I cannot imagine Pangolin selling something like this.
    That looks about right to me. It has FB4 and pass and 506s. Plus all the other stuff in it, plus markup. Seems like that could be it.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Wanna save a few bucks? http://www.christmaslightshow.com/mu...projector.html

And interestingly "not available 'til October" which is line with what Bill said at SELEM.

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

looks like crap.

i really hope a company with a reputation like pangolin is not inflicting that on the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Wanna save a few bucks? http://www.christmaslightshow.com/mu...projector.html

And interestingly "not available 'til October" which is line with what Bill said at SELEM.
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

After looking at these Mr Christmas laser projectors I was left wondering how these pass FAA requirements? Is it the low laser power? Is the divergence of the beam? All of their media say project on the side of your house. This would be considered an out door venue and although it is terminated I have read in other threads you would still need FAA approval for out door laser projection. Secondly if I use one of these at a Christmas lights venue that is accepting money to drive through a light display would I need a variance?

For what its worth I think we could be on to something. If you look at their web page and videos if meets much of the criteria Bill talked about. I could see the projections getting cleaned up nicely with 506s instead of the 15-20Kpps they appear to be running in their older product. Does anyone remember if Bill said the item would have multiple color or just mono color?

Time will tell.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Just be sure to wait until they go on the clearance rack after Christmas. I wouldn't pay $275 for that piece of junk.