Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: So...anyone seen the new Pangolin-associated product mentioned at SELEM 2014 yet?

Adam - But wouldn't the projector have to be 3b or 4 to need a variance? I bet its not 3b or 4. This will be like those projectors bought at guitar center by American DJ or Chauvet. RIght? Those don't need variances.

Quote Originally Posted by drm916 View Post
    Adam - But wouldn't the projector have to be 3b or 4 to need a variance? I bet its not 3b or 4. This will be like those projectors bought at guitar center by American DJ or Chauvet. RIght? Those don't need variances.
    If you look closely at the laser warning sticker on the Home Depot device it says it is a Class 3B.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

it probably says 3R

Subscribed! Really curious what this thing is.

I do remember that when pressed at SELEM, that he would't tell us what it was.

But Bill did say if we asked him "is this ….. it?" He would tell us "yes" or "no"

Hi guys,

The company, who originally planned on releasing their product in October (in time for Halloween sales) or November (in time for Christmas sales) now say that they have delayed the release until early next year. I'm really sorry about this and this time the delay has NOTHING TO DO with Pangolin. We worked hard to get things into their hands in their timeframe.

Also, when I say "FB4" I really mean "embedded FB4". This is like what "Windows CE" is to Windows. (Windows CE is used in some automobiles, for navigation and other automobile electronics). So -- just like Windows CE isn't the same as the desktop version of Windows, Microsoft still calls it "Windows" and so that's what I meant, and how I used the term FB4. The "embedded FB4" won't be connectable and usable with BEYOND for example.

Bill
    Last edited by Pangolin; 10-11-2014 at 20:26.

Respect. At least now we know the pangolin-Slightly-Related product...ISN'T that Mr. Christmas item!

Not to dis Mr. Christmas...I got my small start in the lighting scene with a music-flashing light box.
    Moved up to Light-O-Rama controlled Christmas/Halloween lights...
    And soon added a small graphics laser...which led me to TEXLEM...
    and to Quickshow and an RGB laser...
    and Ultimately to SELEM!

I'm hoping that...when this product Does come out...
    It has a quality and price-point do-able as an addition to my lightshow.

Thanks for the update!

Bill, THANK YOU for saving us weeks of speculation and heartache! Now we will have some " Easter egg hunt" action to pass the cold, dark days of winter.

I must admit I'm surprised the 506 order is for a Christmas product. I'd always envisaged something industrial not least because I thought I knew of a large scale use for these and that it was probably that.

Where did Bill say the 506 order was for an Xmas product? was this in the SELEM vid (that I haven't watched)?
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.