Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How is this made?

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    I wish you'd call your friend at Musion and ask him to stop fraudulently using the words "hologram" and "holographic" to describe what that company sells.
    I agree, its not a hologram, but everyone calls it hologram in this industry, even tho it doesn't have that in depth volumetric 3D, but thats what they call it in showbiz sadly
    Philipp Wetter

Quote Originally Posted by JRGixxerfreaK1 View Post
    I agree, its not a hologram, but everyone calls it hologram in this industry, even tho it doesn't have that in depth volumetric 3D, but thats what they call it in showbiz sadly
    Right. In large part because of your friend's fraud.

You can call what ever you want mate,
    Everyone has their own opinion, i dont like to stick my nose in anyones business, so i dont really care, but if it bothers you, you can have a word with them
    Last edited by JRGixxerfreaK1; 10-04-2014 at 10:02. Reason: Spelling

Fair enough. Sorry for the distraction. Passions run high on that topic in Holotown.

Funny .. I was just thinking the same thing today about why anyone in their right mind would pay to go see a DJ..

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Speaking of rants, what's with these kids that go and actually WATCH a dj? A dj! (AKA A single person on stage who doesn't even play an instrument, sing or dance). Yet somehow Gen Y+ decided its worth watching one person play integrated clips of computer generated sound effects along with other people's (usually uninspired) music. Geez, I must be getting old. . . :0
    Where the heck is the "Like" button?? Geez... PL is just so "old school".

Quote Originally Posted by ImageLight View Post
    Funny .. I was just thinking the same thing today about why anyone in their right mind would pay to go see a DJ..
    I used to think that , until i was paid to provide some lasers for a DJ
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    The effect was really well done, but the marketing hype gets me. This WASN'T a hologram. This WASN'T 3D, it was projected onto a single screen. That isn't even projection mapping. Its was some great content projected using what appeared 3 or more high-end projectors.

Just ranting, of course. Speaking of rants, what's with these kids that go and actually WATCH a dj? A dj! (AKA A single person on stage who doesn't even play an instrument, sing or dance). Yet somehow Gen Y+ decided its worth watching one person play integrated clips of computer generated sound effects along with other people's (usually uninspired) music. Geez, I must be getting old. . . :0

-David

I think he used 3 35-40k projectors. I agree, it wasn't 3D, it would have been better if he integrated the "DNA" sequence with the LED screens he had behind him to give it a "halo" like effect.

Though I disagree with your dj comment, at least in the case of this particular artist. Eric Prydz produces a ton of his own stuff, and the majority of this show was his own production in regards to music.
    Many people would sooner die than think; in fact, they do so.
    Bertrand Russell

Quantum Lasers & Visuals

Quote Originally Posted by Darcean View Post
    I think he used 3 35-40k projectors. I agree, it wasn't 3D, it would have been better if he integrated the "DNA" sequence with the LED screens he had behind him to give it a "halo" like effect.

Though I disagree with your dj comment, at least in the case of this particular artist. Eric Prydz produces a ton of his own stuff, and the majority of this show was his own production in regards to music.
    Hey Darcean,

The video content was great and the projection setup was really well done in my opinion. I was just whining about the marketing aspects of the whole scene. As far as the music goes, Prydz may be very talented (other than his ability to pick a name). I was just whining about the general lack of modern "musicians" ability to play traditional instruments or sing without being auto-tuned while still regarded as musical geniuses by adoring crowds of semi-clueless teens.

Oh darn, I started my old man rant again! My apologies to DJs and their fans.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"