Thread: Some questions, QS, FB3, Scanners.

Default Some questions, QS, FB3, Scanners.

1:I use the Pangolin Quick Show software and I can see the scanner maximal Angle is lower than with old MB software. The difference about 15-20 degrees.
    Tried to increase the opening angle scanner AMP, but the x, y potentiometer is maximal angle now.
    Why low the QS (FB3) scanner angle? (cue settings is on maximal).
    Can I exchange the scanner amp X,Y size potentiometers?

2: What scanner set available with small dimensions dual channel driver:
    (Dt-25, Litrack, LM scanner?) Other??????
    It is expected that sometime in the Scannermax 506 will be available in small AMP + small PSU in sets?

My Projector have little space there, it does not fit the PT-30, DT-30 or D-T40 series.

Go to Settings > Projector settings

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qs1.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	44948

Then adjust the max size in this window. By default it is at 50%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	qs2.png 
Views:	9 
Size:	30.5 KB 
ID:	44949

As per your other thread, your scanners are single ended, so using an FB3 with differential output, you only get half of the voltage swing, and so half the scan angle.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

My QS projector settings adjusted 100%, I been set, but it is still lower than 15-20%

Ok norty, I understand but what can I do now?

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    As per your other thread, your scanners are single ended, so using an FB3 with differential output, you only get half of the voltage swing, and so half the scan angle.

Buy some differential input scanners? It sounds like they were the source of your other issue weren't they as well? I suppose you could build some sort of amplifier for your existing amps, but the time and money might be better spent on some new scanners.
    If you want to go the DIY route, I have 'many' DT30 galvo blocks here, without amps. If you can find some diff amps, you can have a set of galvos for the price of the shipping [in a rare fit of charity/generosity]
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

I don't want build amp, I'm not electrical engineer.

New scanner buying is good idea but I don't want rebuild and don't want bigger projector dimensions.
    DT 30 or 40 Amp and Psu is too big. Old scanner Dt-25 set was is a good dimensions but no available and same Litrack is too expensive.
    Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Buy some differential input scanners? It sounds like they were the source of your other issue weren't they as well? I suppose you could build some sort of amplifier for your existing amps, but the time and money might be better spent on some new scanners.
    If you want to go the DIY route, I have 'many' DT30 galvo blocks here, without amps. If you can find some diff amps, you can have a set of galvos for the price of the shipping [in a rare fit of charity/generosity]
    Last edited by whiteg; 10-07-2014 at 05:34.