Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lightspace AT 12W RGB + AT 9W RGB

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    Hmm, not the greatest of 'color balance-potential', there.. And, also...

..Wait.. You're tellin us this shot: Attachment 44965 ..is / are these same PJs with only 2W of 637?? Hells bells, I gotta ditch this 4.5W of 640 we rock in our Pjs.. those 3-less nm really do make a difference!

..So, what's the real sauce, here, Chief?
    j
    It's not about power and not about 3nm difference. 637 is single mode, that means you can get divergence down to 0.5mrad or even less... and that is a real killer in the big venues. If your 640nm is even down to 1-1.2mrad (which is somewhat reasonably good for multimode) this module should still be 4 times brighter per same power

Exactly! Most people think power, and i keep trying to convince people that its not about power but divergence is the most important thing. Unfurtunally lasersists have to deal with eventmanagers wich most of them only compare power versus price. That has a serious effect on what people can spend. Arctos is doing 1 watt in 0.5mrd for a whopping 2040 euro excl vat. Expencive no its not, just allot of money
    Last edited by edison; 10-09-2014 at 00:16.

Interested in 6-12W RGB projectors with low divergence? Contact me by PM!

Yes, the Lightspace red modules are exceptionally good, and will hold there own with ANYTHING else ive seen at any price ( well, poss not OPSL...)

Quote Originally Posted by edison View Post
    Exactly! Most people think power, and i keep trying to convince people that its not about power but divergence is the most important thing. Unfurtunally lasersists have to deal with eventmanagers wich most of them only compare power versus price. That has a serious effect on what people can spend. Arctos is doing 1 watt in 0.5mrd for a whopping 2040 euro excl vat. Expencive no its not, just allot of money
    Exactly!!!
    Power obsession is just wrong, like trying to compare my baby Arctos (3.2) that is nearly a decade old to my Goldenstar 8watt. Perceived power is all down to divergence, always has been ☺
    lighting the way since 89

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Sandstorm View Post
    It's not about power and not about 3nm difference...
    ..I was being fesecious.. ...and Sorry, I'm not convinced.. I've seen waaaay too-many shots with 'marketing watts', deployed.. I am NOT suggesting that 'Aage' is-such an unscrupulous seller, nor ANYthing 'bad' about him, etc, simply that I am not yet wholly-convinced that shot is *only* 2W of 637.. under modulation... I also still don't see 2/5/5 being a 'well color-balanced' Pj.. what's the point, if not for 'marketing watts'? 4/4/4 would make better sense, imho, and still have plenty of 'punch' on the Green / Blu-side, when needed...

Quote Originally Posted by Aage View Post
    Yes this is 2W of 637nm in action.
    ..Sorry, that's not what I asked / meant.. Is that 'all-Red' shot with *these 2 PJs*, that are for-sale? I ask, because 2x are for-sale, and 5x are shown, so... These shots are from *these-same* projectors, for-sale? ...A 'fair question', from any - even potential - buyer, si o si?

..Again, not questioning anyone's personal-integrity, here, just calling-out for clarity..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    ..I was being fesecious.. ...and Sorry, I'm not convinced.. I've seen waaaay too-many shots with 'marketing watts', deployed.. I am NOT suggesting that 'Aage' is-such an unscrupulous seller, nor ANYthing 'bad' about him, etc, simply that I am not yet wholly-convinced that shot is *only* 2W of 637.. under modulation... I also still don't see 2/5/5 being a 'well color-balanced' Pj.. what's the point, if not for 'marketing watts'? 4/4/4 would make better sense, imho, and still have plenty of 'punch' on the Green / Blu-side, when needed...

..Sorry, that's not what I asked / meant.. Is that 'all-Red' shot with *these 2 PJs*, that are for-sale? I ask, because 2x are for-sale, and 5x are shown, so... These shots are from *these-same* projectors, for-sale? ...A 'fair question', from any - even potential - buyer, si o si?

..Again, not questioning anyone's personal-integrity, here, just calling-out for clarity..
    j
    Yes they are all With 2W 637, i don't own all of them.
    And i don't have other Pictures of them shooting only red becurse they have not been much used.

You have the same in RTI Piko 12W (2W -638nm single mode) witch is in use here: http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...Gathering-2014