Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to close Membership

Default How to close Membership

Can anyone tell me how to close my membership at Photolexicon. Thanks in advance.

Best thing to do would be to just clear out your profile, delete any PM's and then just leave and never post again.

Why are you leaving?, has someone or something upset you?
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

It might have been as a result of this thread:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...d-I-get-burned

But really, I think it was a bit of a mis-understanding, get off on the wrong foot, type of thing. I strongly encourange you NOT to quit the forum. This is truly some of the most wonderful, knowledgeable, helpful people I've ever known and remember that sometimes the written word comes off sounding not exactly as intended. How frequently could a text, taken the wrong way, have eliminated grief if it had an "lol" at the end or a smilie face. I was serious about SELEM in Newton. North Carolina, and you're close enough to make it even a day trip. If you are at all into lasers, it's an amazing experience.

You can never leave.... :evil snicker:
    This space for rent.

Just stop visiting the website. Maybe forget your password for good measure.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by dnar View Post
    You can never leave.... :evil snicker:
    but, you can check out any time you like. ;-)

Seriously though, maybe give the forum another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by tribble View Post
    but, you can check out any time you like. ;-)

Seriously though, maybe give the forum another chance.
    Lovin the Hotel California reference!

You know, I find threads like these to be cry for attention. I am all for him staying and finding out what we're really about but a thread like this is just wanting us to beg him to stay. It's like the Facebook post where someone just throws up a sad face and waits. Sorry, I find this to be akin to casting your bobber out and waiting for a bite. I don't mean to be cynical but Jon wasn't that hard on him. He didn't accuse him of anything. No one said anything derogatory or mean. IDK, if he wants to leave, more power to him. Not trying to be an ass but I hate when drama is dragged into the foyer of "our house".
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

It's a one way door, once you've joined you can never leave

While there's no official way to quit the forum other than to get yourself banned, there also no reason to ever delete a membership. If you feel like posting, then post, otherwise don't post. Either way, welcome to photonlexicon!

With some very dangerous lasers now affordable enough to get into the hands of the average hobbyist (and sometimes even kids), it's only human to worry about the potential consequences. It's not uncommon nowadays for people almost completely unfamiliar with lasers to be starting out with multiple watts, and no-one here wants to see anyone hurt. When something is said that doesn't seem quite right, then the best thing to do is to point it out, as it could save someone's eyesight. And even the most experienced of people mess up, so sometimes a reminder can help. Other times it's just a result of a language barrier, or other times something taken out of context.

So don't take it personally, isn't it a good thing that people care enough to worry ? When something like safety is at stake, being able to have an open dialogue is so important. Not speaking up for politeness or fear it might offend someone could be putting someone at risk.

Yeah, stay a while longer and don't worry about the predictable safety pitch. Your enthusiasm really IS welcome and appreciated here. Get the laser, make it work, and shoot that whoppin' beam at the moon when it's clear. Take a good pic! We LOVE that.

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

But in the interests of balance...

I'm finding all this faux bonhomie for one person in 7.2 billion quite nauseating.

Just go.
    Don't say anymore.
    Just walk away without looking back.
    Never return.

It's over.