Thread: Chauvet BEAMshot

Default Chauvet BEAMshot

This appears to be a good price for a Chauvet BEAMshot:

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/stupi...7&CJPID=227502

Yup. For a 6w white LED with DMX and other control options and a tight 3 degree beam this looks like a great deal. I'll have to pick up a few of these for myself.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I was thinking exactly the same thing although, in truthfulness, I think this is something you need multiples of to get a really nice effect. I would imagine around 8 or 10 at least. I just don't know if I want to drop $500-$600 on it before this sale goes away. I found them elsewhere online for $69 so, while it's a good price, it's not a "great" price and I'm sure that if I contacted IDJNOW or PSSL or some other lighting company, they're going to wheel and deal to match the $59 price. My thing is I don't know if I can recoup the cost. I sell lighting as a package and not necessarily the effect so, I'm not certain I could get a client to pay more just for the addition of these lights.

I just noticed on Chauvet's site that it's been discontinued. I don't think it was out long so, if you are going to jump on some, do it quick.

Good points, Brad. You could buy a few used Chauvet minspots on eBay for that price for a bit more interest.

Before I pulled the trigger on this, I found the same price on Amazon with free delivery using Amazon Prime, so no rush. I use this type of static beam for illuminating mirror balls from a distance. Most of these tight beamed devices didn't have DMX in the past requiring a dimmer pack. Cheap dimmer packs and low wattage LED lights have been problematic for me as they tend to 'bleed' a bit of power causing the LED fixtures to blink. I corrected this behavior by putting a low wattage incandescent bulbs on the same dimmer. Direct DMX control will allow me to retire these dimmer packs.

-David

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    I use this type of static beam for illuminating mirror balls from a distance.

Aww....damn. I wish I had thought of that. Good idea and it would work well here. I know Musicians Friend's sale is over but now you really do have me thinking about a couple. I use Chauvet pinspots right now but, having that extra throw with such a tight beam is a brilliant idea for my venue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Aww....damn. I wish I had thought of that. Good idea and it would work well here. I know Musicians Friend's sale is over but now you really do have me thinking about a couple. I use Chauvet pinspots right now but, having that extra throw with such a tight beam is a brilliant idea for my venue.
    It is way too easy to get you to spend money, Brad!