Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Quickshow TraceIt firmware problem

Ok, are you using the latest build of QS from the website? If not, download and install and update the firmware as appropriate
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

The traceit work now!

I deleted the QS and re-installed the QS and FB driver. And I tried start the Traceit and software is work now!

Thanks the many help.
    Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Ok, are you using the latest build of QS from the website? If not, download and install and update the firmware as appropriate

I am happy to hear that you are up and running. I think there might be more to the story -- more details that were not communicated in the thread above.

Normally "deleting software" doesn't do any good (for any software), but often times this is what people do in desperation. I think the problem was the particular version of QS that you were running was an older version than TraceIT. Definitely 777 is needed for the latest version of TraceIT to work, and definitely this would be automatically installed by the latest version of QuickShow.

In any event, I'd like to hear exactly *how* you tried to contact Pangolin, because we want all customers to receive a great level of support. Was it a simple email? Was it through the contact form? Was it by telephone? We have two full-time professional support people who do largely nothing but support. So if one of those guys is somehow slipping I'd like to know.

But if, on the other hand, you sent a single email to some generic email address, then the greatest likelihood is that we never received such an email, and that's why you never received support. However, even if this is the case, I'd like to know what that email address was, so we can activate it, or beef up the support action of that email address.

So please contact me privately with the information (because as it should be know, we do not routinely monitor PL) and once I learn about how it was that support failed you, we will work to improve the situation.

Best regards,

William Benner

Thank you for the reply.
    Yes, the traceIt running the 777 version now.

QS re-installed.
    FB3 driver re-installed.
    Download the latest version 777.
    Connected the FB3.
    Projector power on.
    And TraceIt work!

Intresting, If I no power on the projectror (only connected the FB3 but power off the projector) the Traceit no start.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I am happy to hear that you are up and running. I think there might be more to the story -- more details that were not communicated in the thread above.

Normally "deleting software" doesn't do any good (for any software), but often times this is what people do in desperation. I think the problem was the particular version of QS that you were running was an older version than TraceIT. Definitely 777 is needed for the latest version of TraceIT to work, and definitely this would be automatically installed by the latest version of QuickShow.

In any event, I'd like to hear exactly *how* you tried to contact Pangolin, because we want all customers to receive a great level of support. Was it a simple email? Was it through the contact form? Was it by telephone? We have two full-time professional support people who do largely nothing but support. So if one of those guys is somehow slipping I'd like to know.

But if, on the other hand, you sent a single email to some generic email address, then the greatest likelihood is that we never received such an email, and that's why you never received support. However, even if this is the case, I'd like to know what that email address was, so we can activate it, or beef up the support action of that email address.

So please contact me privately with the information (because as it should be know, we do not routinely monitor PL) and once I learn about how it was that support failed you, we will work to improve the situation.

Best regards,

William Benner