Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I'm thinking about a tablet.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

The time is drawing very near. The routers arrived yesterday. As much as it pains me, I think I'm going iPad Air 2 32gig for around $419. It's only a 9.7" screen and probably not as pretty as the Samsung but, there are a ton of apps of course and a huge user base. Maybe I'll wait until Saturday just so it's the 1 year anniversary of starting this thread. SEE!!! I don't buy "everything" impulsively!
    PM Sent...

If you're looking for a tablet be aware that the new Microsoft Surface Pro 4 is now out and 30% more powerful than the 3: http://www.engadget.com/2015/10/06/s...ro-4-hands-on/

Also this : http://www.laptopmag.com/articles/mi...-4-vs-ipad-pro
    Last edited by White-Light; 10-06-2015 at 13:25.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    I've got TouchOSC on the Tab 7.0
    I was thinking it would make a good remote for my lighting desk software too, and if it got nicked on a job I'd probably be happy...

Turns out the wifi antenna is crap and it probably wouldn't ever be in range of my ad-hoc network. Sitting in the lounge, less than 3 metres from the router I get full bars on ipad and iphone, whilst the tab languishes at 1 or so.

Did I say it was crap already...?
    My Galaxy SII phone has crap wifi signal too, a known issue.
    This space for rent.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    The time is drawing very near. The routers arrived yesterday. As much as it pains me, I think I'm going iPad Air 2 32gig for around $419. It's only a 9.7" screen and probably not as pretty as the Samsung but, there are a ton of apps of course and a huge user base. Maybe I'll wait until Saturday just so it's the 1 year anniversary of starting this thread. SEE!!! I don't buy "everything" impulsively!
    Good choice. You won't be sorry.

The damage is done. It will be delivered tomorrow.
    PM Sent...

Actually.... what I have discovered through all of this is a dirty little secret. Products made by DZ cause compounding spending.
    Buy the Z-5 for example... and you then discover you want to record the output. Another couple DZ devices do that. First the ILDA to ADAT converter. That then later leads to buying a Wave to USB. Then.... the color mod comes out for the Z-5 and you simply HAVE to get it upgraded to the Z-5c.
    Then we move on to the Advanced Laser Router and suddenly see what can be done with a tablet and TouchOSC and bam... tablet shopping! LOL
    PM Sent...