Thread: Green Scientific Laser for Holography or Lab use

Laser Warning Green Scientific Laser for Holography or Lab use

Hi,
    Sam and I have a really nice low hour Cobolt Samba 532-150-200 for sale. This came out of a very expensive flow cytometer with fewer than 860 hours use. Sam tuned up the TEC's and the laser has a custom made solid billet aluminum stand for the head. The laser is set at 175 mW TEM 00 single frequency. The controller and DC supply are mounted on an aluminum plate-plug and lase! No cooling fan is required-no vibration. These lasers are over $13K new and we are asking $4K. See the laser data sheet here; these are very reliable quiet lasers:

http://www.cobolt.se/coboltsamba532nmlaser.html

We only have one. Phil and Sam

pbergero@usf<dot>edu (813) 974-2378 at work
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.JPG  

002.JPG  

003.JPG  

004.JPG  

014.JPG  

013.JPG  

009.JPG  

Last edited by 142laser; 10-14-2014 at 04:02. Reason: spelling
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)

Nice little laser at a decent price . What's the coherence length of these Phil?
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Hi Jem,
    The data sheet says <1MHz spectral linewidth but of course I have no way to test that spec really as my SFPI has 10MHz resulution. However for holography I would think say 8-10 meters would be adaquate. All the real SLM laseras like Coherent 315M make that. Most of the used 315M lasers have 10-15K hours on them though, not under 900 hours like this laser. It should be a great little laser for holography or low noise laboratory work.

Thanks for the information and I wish you all the best with the sale.

To anyone else reading this, if you need good lasers for holography Phil is a great source.

Jem
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

Thanks Jem, that is kind of you. Most folks here are buying light show lasers but there are a few scientific and holography types lurking about so I thought I would put the laser up for sale here also. The technology that the Cobolt lasers are made with is cool, a high temperature cure process makes the laser head very robust; no shipping worries. Chack out the Cobolt website for the details. We have sold a few of these now and they are very good lasers. This tiny laser would set you back over $13K new; make us a reasonable offer!