Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a spare Etherdream they want to sell?

Default Does anyone have a spare Etherdream they want to sell?

I think the title tells it all. I am after an Etherdream for a display at an art exhibition, the "artist" has already specified this as a controller and before I invested in a new one I thought someone might have one they want to find a new home for? Please PM me with details, price etc if you can help

Thanks

Steve

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

they are instock new here:

http://www.illumn.com/laser-componen...laser-dac.html

Quote Originally Posted by Laserhobbit View Post
    I think the title tells it all. I am after an Etherdream for a display at an art exhibition, the "artist" has already specified this as a controller and before I invested in a new one I thought someone might have one they want to find a new home for? Please PM me with details, price etc if you can help

Thanks

Steve

Swamidog,

Thanks for the note. I had already seen this, but wanted to see if anyone had a spare unit this side of the pond and also not get hit by the high import duty charges so much by maybe buying for a cheaper price etc, hence "before I invested in a new one I thought someone might have one" etc. As a last resort I may have to go this route.

Cheers

Steve

no sorry .
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

I'm curious. Did the Artist specify the Etherdream because its "counter-culture and cool"
    or did they have a specific LSX based idea in mind?

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Steve (Mixedgas),

I did ask the question, because to be honest it seemed really a strange choice, they are hard enough to get hold of sometimes anyway. I think he asked about this because this was the DAC he knew and I assume this is because he has used LSX, he is bringing his own laptop with "very special custom software" , but I guess it could be LSX. although I think there is an SDK for the Etherdream? My main issue is that this is for a very high brow art show in Geneva and the artist is French with very little English, it is a weird request from a company who I do a large amount of contract conventional special effects lighting for using Varilites etc. They called me and asked if I could supply a laser to their specs as I had previously provided a number of lumia projectors to create a texture on the side of a castle. I would love to buy an Etherdream and also buy LSX, but availability of support and how DrLava can disappear for months or even years on end worries me. I might buy one from Illumination, but the issue is then the import tax etc makes it quite expensive. But this may be my only route, I just thought I would ask and see if I could find an easier way.

Thanks for the interest, if it goes ahead then I will try and close the loop on the story with some actual details, images etc.

Cheers

Steve

Just a very quick bump, as I need to decide to quote for this or not. I have also been playing with BlueFanng's Maxwell project which is another reason to consider the Etherdream, a great project

But if no one has one then I will probably have turn the work down. , I just can't play the lottery game of seeing if I actually get the dac delivered.

Thanks anyway and if it does goes ahead I will post more details as it looks a very interesting event.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I don't think the issue is getting the DAC. You should have that in a few days. Just don't ever bank on getting LSX since we know how piss poor that usually works.

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I don't think the issue is getting the DAC. You should have that in a few days. Just don't ever bank on getting LSX since we know how piss poor that usually works.
    I agree, but a frying pan without a streak is not very appetizing

I just have had some bad experiences also with Andrew, I am worried I will buy the dac and then have to deal with his lack of respect for customers with regards to LSX, which is the logical choice of software. Trapped between a rock and a hard place

Cheers

Steve

Ok, Just bit the bullet and bought an Etherdream, even if it only gets used once then the job would have paid for it. Now all I have to do is decide if I can deal with the wait if I order LSX? I know Swamidog would say yes, its worth it. But anyone else want to add anything re LSX and maybe some magical ideas so that I can manage to get hold of it within a reasonable time frame from placing the order??? Also what version to get, again I would welcome the wisdom of those people familiar with the product. One question I do have is, if I buy my copy licenced to my, hopefully soon to arrive Etherdream, can I use it for multiple projectors by also using my QM cards? I note they are supported, but wonder how it works, I know I would need to buy more than the basic version, but anything else to bear in mind?

I really appreciate any help here as it is one program I have very little experience of !

Cheers

Steve