Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scanner Workbench

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Bill, question- after reviewing your website I didn't see any listing for
    a Hayden in the products section. How much do you want for one?
    Buffo, in regards to the copper vapor- I need your help in determining
    actual output power. I would like you to come by and put your arm in it for me. I saw on another post where you have developed some scientific way
    of figuring beam power in this fashion.
    Thanks
    go big or go home

an hour north of Charlotte, NC.
    Perfect!
    If there's enough interest (read: more than 2 people are up for it),
    Maybe we should do a poll?
    Do you know of a venue we could use in Hilton Head?
    Not really Adam- I'm about 7 hours north of there..
    North of Charlotte sounds great though!!

Cool Misc. ramblings and SELEM thoughts

Paul;

If Bill really was selling "Hayden's", I think the price would be out of reach for mortals like us. (Though you gotta admit that it would be cool to have your very own Pangolin Tech available to do your bidding. I'd have Live Pro hooked up to everything in my house - from the room lights to the garbage disposal!) Of course, you'd need to keep your Hayden supplied with fast trucks and faster motorcycles to keep him happy. (Those of you that have met Hayden in person know what I'm talking about!)

As for the scientific power measurement technique I've developed; I'm afraid that it only works up to a couple hundred milliwatts. Beyond that my ability to string expletives together to describe the pain (and thus the power level) runs out. Besides, one of your death rays would probably blow a complete hole right through my arm, cauterizing everything in the process and rendering future measurements impossible. (ewww... The thought of the smell alone is enough to turn my stomach.)

Steve-O:

I'm sure there's plenty of interest for SELEM this summer, and so far the North Carolina venue is looking really promising. I don't know how much interest there would be for a "pre-selem" meeting in May or June though. I don't mind starting a poll, but unless we have a venue lined up first, we're just pissing in the wind. (If I learned anything from last year's effort, it's that you need to nail down the location *early*, which is why all my recent efforts have been focused on the SELEM venue.)

You mentioned that you wanted to go visit your Mom in Hilton Head; when were you thinking about doing this? Maybe we could set something up for a few of us here in Charleston and you could drive up for the day. I just *might* be able to get a place for us. It wouldn't be as nice as the building we had in Florida (no where near as nice, in fact), but it would work.

So do you want me to investigate this? If so, then once I've checked things out I'll post details in the meet & greet section and start a poll there.

Adam

Edit: PS - David... I know I'm going to regret asking this, but what's with the Jags!onville bit.?. I haven't a clue where that comes from... (Alchohol reference? Sports team? You favorite military lawyer (JAG) TV show?)
    Last edited by buffo; 04-13-2007 at 05:43.

Talking

Jacksonville Jaguars... Come on Adam, NFL...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Jacksonville Jaguars... Come on Adam, NFL...

They are going to rock this year, we hope anyway...

David

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    (Alchohol reference? Sports team? You favorite military lawyer (JAG) TV show?)
    Aw, come on Aaron - give me some credit. See, I had "Sports Team" in there...

But why Jags!onville? What's with the "!"... It makes it look like line noise or a typo. (I'm not a huge fan of the Jacksonville Jaguars, but I'm guessing that all the fans chant "Jags!" at games then?)

Eh, OK.. Works for me.

So, Hilton Head is 3.5 hours north of Jags!onville then.

Adam