Thread: WANTED: Sony VAIO PCV-LX900, 910 or 920 Tablet-Screen 'Slimtop' PCs

Lightbulb WANTED: Sony VAIO PCV-LX900, 910 or 920 Tablet-Screen 'Slimtop' PCs

..Jus' like the title says, wanting one (or more..) of these pups: https://docs.sony.com/release/specs/PCVLX920_mksp.pdf ...in good working order. LX600-800 Series need-not apply (those don't have the 'tablet-screen', so, no thanks..) 'Cosmetics' are not so important, but the PC 'core' must be solid, and everything must work, to be-of interest. Obviously, a US-side sale is preferred, but am-willing to consider Euro-based / other Country-based buys.. If you have one / know someone that has one they'd be willing to sell, please contact me asap, we *love* these old-skool bricks, and I'm willing to pay (reasonably...) top-dollar..

..Why in the frack would we want / use such a dinosaur? Cuz, frankly, nothing has come close, since-them, to having all the features we want it for, 'all-in-one'.. Yes, I know all the 'counter-arguments' (ie: 'QM2K's can be a .net' / or, 'use an FB3', blee-blah, blah..) but, no thanks, we like / need these-specific rigs, y punto.. The built-in Wacom-tablet is *awesome*, for graphics / sho-creation, and it's got 2x PCI-slots, PCMCIA-slot, 5 USBs, built-in speakers, CD/DVD, etc, etc, and they've always been great performers, in-spite of their 'age'.. Plus, you can fit the entire rig in a carry-on..

..Thanks for any leads / passing this 'Wanted poster' along..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Hey Jon

Not an answer to your "Wanted Poster", but for

The built-in Wacom-tablet is *awesome*, for graphics / sho-creation
    If you get the chance have a look at the Microsoft Surface Pro 3 devices, a full windows laptop in tablet form with the best pen/tablet I've used yet (IMHO and I've had a few tablet based laptops with Wacom) work extremely well with Beyond

Just a pointer if you end up looking for alternatives (the only thing in you list it couldn't do is the 2x PCI-slots/PCMCIA-slot, but hey, maybe time to move on )

Ps. Whatever happened to that gig you had in Australia??
    RTI Piko RGB 4 Projector
    CT6215 Scanners & CT 671 Amps; CT6210 & Medialas Microamps.
    RGBLaser Systems 6000mW RGB Module - 638nm/445nm/532
    LD2000 Pro + QM2000.net + Beyond
    Etherdream + LSX

Old Projector Build

Hey Mr T -

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    ...the only thing in you list it couldn't do is the 2x PCI-slots/PCMCIA-slot, but hey, maybe time to move on..)
    Heh, thanks, but.. Already done all that 'homework', and just not willing to solely-rely on the 'non-PCI-DAC' solutions, yet. Not willing to put the 'core' of a high-dollar Corp sho in the hands of 'Unpredictably Sucks Bad'... But, appreciate the homework / tip on the tablet.. Those are fine for 'club / EDM-sho' gigs, but, for Sho-creation / my personal 'Mothership', I prefer something more 'legacy-reliable'... Even if it's retardedly-old..

..Am-looking at one of these pups: https://teguar.com/industrial-panel-...-panel-pc.html ..then, simply add a 15" Wacom-screen, for the 'drawing cap's, and I could add Mini-PCI > PCMCIA, and FW for CD / DVD, etc.. Could make a nice brik.. But, I'm expecting it will be $$$$, so, we'll see..

Quote Originally Posted by loopee View Post
    Ps. Whatever happened to that gig you had in Australia??
    Oh, it's still 'percolating'.. This fish is *so* big, that it is taking awhile (..and still will..) But, if it 'lands', it really could be a whopper.. Like.. 'Move the whole Fam Down Under'-big.. I couldn't hope for better end, er.. beginning? And, as I did when living in Centro 'merica, I can still always fly here to service Clients / gigs, etc.. We'll see what shakes out..

..I've also got a long-standing delivery to make, to a Client down there.. *Really* gunning / hoping to make it this year.. Will keep ya's posted..

cheers..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...