Thread: New at lasers

Default New at lasers

I'm new at this and i'm from Sweden I got a new Beamz Cronus RGY Animerad Lasershow DMX SD.
    It came with a software: Laser Controller Mamba but i cant get it to work. I think it's hard to do ILD file that works.
    Is there an other software thats better and easyer to work with? I'm willing to pay for a great program

http://www.hifi-tower.co.uk/Beamz-Cr...X-SD_i5469.htm

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Hi Peter66,

Welcome to PL. Rather that retype it all, please read post #6 in this thread:

http://www.photonlexicon.com/forums/...y-own-please!-)

Basically, anything to "run" that laser is going to cost more than that laser. Although, you might be able to use your existing DAC with a program like Spaghetti which is relatively inexpensive.

Hi thanks for the fast respons This laser does not comes with any DAC. It uses a SD-card but it have a DMX contact. In the beginning i'm going to use the SD-card to program some simple text show. Can i use the Spaghetti program and save the show to a SD-card??

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I thought you mentioned having Mamba as your current software... which is why I assumed you had a DAC of some sort. Which may explain part of your problem.

To answer your question, I do not "officially" know if you can use Spaghetti to save the show to the right format and copy to an SD card. I think perhaps you can however, one of the things about SD card readers built into projectors is they only read and understand certain ILDA formats. So it's important to be certain you're saving it to the correct one. I do not profess to know as much about using SD cards as some people on here and although I've read about it, don't remember exactly what threads to refer you to. Search for a thread about "Spencer laser" and I think it will give you some information.

Thank for all info