Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dont pick-up stray Hens

Default Dont pick-up stray Hens

Ok, really

I thought that might get your attention.

What I really found was a hen in my yard.
    Its been here for about 3 weeks and it has decided to make my yard hers.
    well, the neighbors yard too..made itself a coup at the corner of where our yards meet..no-one is taking claim of the hen or where it came from either.I have Puerto Rican and Cuban neighbors all around me, it literaly is the united nations here. so I know it got brought in with one of them..it cant fly very well or far.

I live in the city and its very rare to find hens here..we have ducks , there are many man made "ponds" retention lakes around here.
    But I live on the edge of town.. not too far from whats left of the "woods"
    which wont be for long as developers are grabbing it all.
    Anyhow.. the hen was bothering me today .. cackling up a storm and Im am trying to rest. Im sick with this bug and need to get ride of it..and maybe the hen too..
    I did a stupid thing.. Ok , Im not a farmboy or was raised on a farm altho my mom upstate thinks she has one..(collecting animals on her 40 acre property).
    I went outside to see what all the racket was about , the hen was cackling at my door. like to ask to come in..sheesh.
    So I goes outside , see hen , chase hen..hen comes over to me, pecks my barefeet.. I chase hen.. finally. I go to its roost..and see two eggs..so I picked up the eggs and brought them inside..figuring I'd have one up on the hen for bothering me..

Haha. thats what I thought..
    One of the eggs felt hollow, the other seemed full..so I decided to put them in the fridge..the hollow one decides to explode, yes, you read that right, it exploded after only being in the fridge for only 5 seconds.. now, it wasnt hot outside , perhaps only about 25c or 77f..
    But the worst part is.. It stank bad.. covering the insides of the fridge with this aweful green nasty stuff..
    I just got done cleaning it out, (not that it didnt need it anyway).
    But thats not how I wanted to spend the day..

Anybody want a Hen ?????
    Last edited by marconi; 04-11-2007 at 13:04.
    "My signature has been taken, so Insert another here"
    http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/sam/laserfaq.htm
    *^_^* aka PhiloUHF

40 acres?! I guess your mum might take in one hen... Weird about the egg. It can't have been fresh laid like that, surely? Then again, three weeks at > 20C could do that. I found a single pigeon's egg in an empty building with no pigeons or nests in it once, and I knew what to expect when I threw it at the far wall but nothing can prepare... That is so vile.

Talking

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

That was funny.

lol that's quality...

Allthat-you been stealing cpf's smileys again?

Marconi- We live on 30 acres and my wife gardens and has roosters and used to have guinneas (which lay exploding eggs)- she warned me about that and yes I have smelled the fume <whew> we also have peacocks and a dog and quite a few stray cats as well as her remaining abysinnian cats. Someone dumped a bunch of chickens out a an abandoned house down the road - we got a few but most were eaten by racoons, keyotes, bobcat or bear -yup we gotit all- I'll ask the farmgirl if she knows how to get rid of a hen. You might could sell it to a poultry farm or eat it yourself I couldnt do the deed but my grandmother sure could..

yes.... althatwichis

Allthatwesee is this

http://www. candlepowerforums.com/vb/images/smilies/hahaha.gif

not an image

all the best ... KARL

you have to remove the extra space b4 clicking on it tho
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hahaha.gif  

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Banthai View Post
    yes.... althatwichis

Allthatwesee is this

http://www. candlepowerforums.com/vb/images/smilies/hahaha.gif

not an image

all the best ... KARL
    Must get lost in the english to english translator... Probably something to do with that last bounce in Sealand.

Marconi--
    Ok I asked the the farmgirl (PhD) and she wrote "Looks like the egg was rotten as they have a sulfur smell to them. The hen pecked because she thought you might feed her. She seems to enjoy your yard. Since she cackled at your door she probably belongs to someone. Most newspapers will allow you to place an ad for free for an animal found. Why not keep her-. she might be a joy to have,"