Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Halloween Setup

Well, that's over for me until next year. A brighter laser projector is a must have. Time to move on from the 50mw green.

I love the marshmallow man. What are you using to make the flames?

Built a flame tower with some iron pipe, a modified irrigation valve and a few propane tanks. It's a bit of a hackjob but we'll invest in making it much better for next year

That is really cool!
    I actually have a flame thrower very similar. I light it up every once in a while, but am afraid someone might call the cops or fire department.

How did you do the flying ghost I saw zip by?

We were surprised no one called the police either. The flying ghost is right up your alley, we just used 150 feet of fishing line and tied it to a quadrotor. The quad was high enough it wasn't super loud and the effect was insanely cool, it really helped to bring people into the neighborhood.

More pictures.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15496956450_97dad511b1_k.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	45314

Name:	15496569137_0741b178f4_k.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	45315

Name:	15496554647_5a2c415dc7_k.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	45316

Quote Originally Posted by araugh View Post
    We were surprised no one called the police either. The flying ghost is right up your alley, we just used 150 feet of fishing line and tied it to a quadrotor. The quad was high enough it wasn't super loud and the effect was insanely cool, it really helped to bring people into the neighborhood.

More pictures.

Name:	15496956450_97dad511b1_k.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	726.3 KB 
ID:	45314

Name:	15496569137_0741b178f4_k.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	1.45 MB 
ID:	45315

Name:	15496554647_5a2c415dc7_k.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	45316
    Awesome!
    150 ft seems like a lot. It seems like the pendulum effect could really cause havoc.

I've got too many trees around my house to do any more than hover.

I am a terrible pilot and didn't touch the thing, but the homeowner and pilot showed the pendulum effect takes getting used to, but helps the thing look really organic and terrifying. A hard acceleration followed by swift stop made the witch/ghost rush towards someone/thing and dive down towards them.

Similar to last year's setup. A few new lights and the DMX sequence is now running through BEYOND instead of Showtime. The wind was somewhat calm in this video but it did play havoc with the fog and also with the fogscreen (uploading video of that tonight). Not very many kids this year. I think my neighborhood is getting older. Not very many kids around anymore. Both of my friends in other neighborhoods each said they ran out of candy by 8pm-ish. I am in the wrong place!

If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Similar to last year's setup. A few new lights and the DMX sequence is now running through BEYOND instead of Showtime. The wind was somewhat calm in this video but it did play havoc with the fog and also with the fogscreen (uploading video of that tonight). Not very many kids this year. I think my neighborhood is getting older. Not very many kids around anymore. Both of my friends in other neighborhoods each said they ran out of candy by 8pm-ish. I am in the wrong place!

I love the fog seeping up through the leaves in various places. I will have to run some pipe next year. I really like that look.

I've never played with the DMX feature in Pangolin. I will need to look into it. I never considered using it to run everything. The biggest problem is that I don't own anything that is DMX controlled. Lol.

Chris