Thread: Classic '80s He-Ne

Default Classic '80s He-Ne

Here's a real classic from the '80s. It's a 1984 Coherent model CR-90 He-Ne, featuring a unique clip-mount on the side of the power supply for the head. This particular unit has a bronze colored head, making it really nice for display. And it works! Big thanks out to Phil Bergeron for selling it to the Vintage Laser Archive.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Coherent CR-90.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	323.4 KB 
ID:	45291

If there was a 'Like' button here on PL i'd be hitting it hard right now. That's a great little laser Bob and it's nice to know it's found a good home .
    Quote: "There is a theory which states that if ever, for any reason, anyone discovers what exactly the Universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another that states that this has already happened.”... Douglas Adams 1952 - 2001

That's way-cool. And pristine condition too looks like.

It is in the best condition of the three I have owned and the only one to have the bronze colored laser head. I am glad to share it for your colection Bob. Now I have the same laser in the CR brand and...... Phil
    Phil Bergeron( AKA 142laser)