Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laserworld and MediaLas..... Disappointment sets in

Default Laserworld and MediaLas..... Disappointment sets in

In Sept. 2006 I ordered the Mamba Black and USB box from Laserworld in Germany. This was an E-bay transaction. When I got the package I was so excited and opened it immediately. Much to my disappointment there was no CD. The only thing in the box was the USB box, the power cord and a usb cable. So I contacted the seller and we both agreed this was very unusual and he promptly sent me another software CD. I received the CD, playing with it for a while tried to get it up and running with no luck. I put my laser hobby on hold for a while as my dad's battle with caner ended and I lost my job. This happened within a month of each other and it has taken me a while to regroup emotionally.

After I downloaded the manual from MediaLas (not as complete as one would hope) they only mention the dongle a couple of times. At first I thought they meant the USB box. After reinstalling the software I finally realized what was wrong.

I didn't get the dongle......O.K., I admit I get an A+ in the stupid class.

I contacted Laserworld.TV and explained what had happened. I was hopping they would remember me and they did. They said there was nothing they could do as the packages are drop shipped from MediaLas. They further said it was my responsibility to contact them immediately if there where any problems. I believe they are right in that point. My point is, I got no packing slip, manual, list of included components or anything else that may have helped.

I contacted Medialas, hopping they would be able to help me. They flat out said there was nothing they could do.

The last I heard from Laserworld is that they would sell me there version of software, based on Mamba Black, for 100.00 euro's. I don't have the extra money and I am not going to pay for something twice, period.

Yes I feel pretty stupid about this whole thing!!! On the other hand I am angry cause I am out $760.00.Needless to say I am very disappointed in the customer service policies at Laserworld and even more so at MediaLas.

I tried to get help through Ebay & PP but it was over the 45 day limit they have.

I guess I will have to go through the credit card company. Unfortunately, nobody wins this way, the companies loose money and it leaves me with a very poor experience.

When the credit card stuff gets resolved maybe I will buy Pangolin's entry level offering.

I just needed to vent!!!!

David

Thumbs down

Damn... That sucks... At least you can out the A+ on a resume or something.

Was feedback already given? I would think as a seller/dealer laserworld should have hooked you up as you are their customer and I would think they would want you to come back. When it comes to customer servie, and when I am the customer, I tend to show my ass till I get what I feel I bought and deserve without trying to get more. I'd call both companies up, tell em that you are going to file with your credit card and they can either cough up a dongle or you'll go through that process. I'd also tell em to swing by here and see the publicity you have given them.

Do you have any software you can use on that DAC? What DAC is it? popelscan is free and will work on an Easylase. I think the free version of HE-Laserscan will also...

Good luck with the credit card.
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

The 'dongle' is an electronic permit granting you your right to use the software you paid for. You haven't got that right, they never gave it to you. They accept that you paid for that right. Take them to a small claims court.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by The_Doctor View Post
    The 'dongle' is an electronic permit granting you your right to use the software you paid for. You haven't got that right, they never gave it to you. They accept that you paid for that right. Take them to a small claims court.
    Nicely put!

Thankyou. I've been thinking though, it might be better to soften the impact a tad though, to gently remind the company that this is the state of things. They'll probably settle out of court.
    Do the communication in writing though, and if email, keep the replies on the ISP's servers as well as local, i.e. don't delete anything till you have settlement, then keep the final agreement proofs even if you later delete the rest of it.

Hi guys,

I am grateful for all the suggestions and support....thank you.

I love the idea of small claims court, in some ways it is a matter of principle. Unfortunately I live outside of Detroit and the seller is in Germany and I don't have the funds to do battle in Germany. Believe me, if I had the extra money I would fly to Germany and go right to them and talk about in person, hell I'd make a nice vacation out of it.

My only recourse is via the credit card company and I have already started that process. It's to bad because MediaLas and Laserworld will be out all of the money and it would only cost a small fraction of that to send me a dongle. If they were even reasonable I would pay for the actual cost of the dongle and shipping. There point is that people are always trying to get another dongle and have two licensed products instead of the one they bought. This is a valid issue, but those who are greedy have messed it up for those who are honest. When I contacted MediaLas I practically begged them to help me, I would have been grateful for any assistance. I was shocked by the flat out "nothing we can do" line. They didn't even offer to contact the seller on my behalf...I really felt like they didn't care. This is a very small community, reputation and word of mouth can make or break any company. I really pondered whether or not I should even talk about it on the forum, because I believe these groups carry that much weight with potential buyers. I have tried to be objective, honest and talk about my experience without any anger or slanderous remarks.

I'm just a "madscientist" that works in my basement and I do it because I love lasers, working with my hands and tinkering. I have spent way to much money (as all our spouses probably agree), and this is my hard earned Leisure money. This is what I do instead of expensive vacations or getting that Mustang to restore.

The last e-mail I received from Laserworld commented on how unusual this occurrence was and how this had never happened to them before. I agreed, it's never happened to me either... but I refused change my "story" to conform to what somebody thinks it should be. The truth is the truth. When you buy from ebay all you have to go on is Feedback and info from forums like this one. It also shows what kind of buyer you are, I've been a member of Ebay since 2003 with almost 200 positive feedbacks, zero negative feedbacks and over 500 items purchased. There is not a whole lot else I can do to prove that I am an honest guy.

The only other thing I could do if the Credit Card reversal runs into a snag is file a claim with UPS. I don't know how that would go since Laserworld didn't insure the package but charged me over 80.00$ USD to ship it. I still have all the original packaging (as sent) if they want to inspect it.

Hi...Allthatwhichis...it is the MediaLas USB DAC. I could be wrong...but I thought this DAC was only compatible with MediaLas based products. Again I could easily be wrong.

Thanks everyone for letting me continue my rant. It's quite therapeutic and I am grateful for everyone's suggestions, comments and support.

David

Hi Mad ... if i may call you that ....

sorry to hear about your problems both personal and laser related

im very suprised that medialas could not help as i have had nothing but good experience from them ... even to the point that i also bought the Mamba black usb package .... then 8 months later they were selling the package with a disk of free shows ... on calling them and enquiring if i could buy this disk ..... they promply sent it to me free of charge

i have had nothing but excellent service and support from them

so im quite suprised about what has happened ... unfortunately it sounds like as you have not recieved any paper work with the item ... they have no refferences or recoeds to go on .....

hopefully someone from Medialas may read this and comment on the situation

all the best ... Karl

Hi again.... Mr Mad

I had a chat with Dirk Baur, owner of medialas this afternoon, i have always found Dirk to be extremely helpful and informative, he also takes great pride in his customers and products, as he is not registered here he has asked me to post a reply on his behalf ... hope this helps

Hi Karl,

I can remember the case, but as long as there is no direct purchase from us, we cannot give out free dongle keys, since each dongle key is a license. In this case I would make an exception..........

Unfortunately we are not registered at photonlexicon, so I kindly ask you to post a comment from us.

The software sold by Laserworld.tv is NOT Mamba Black and is NOT delivered by MediaLas to Laserworld. The software is a customized license, which has been modified from an older Mamba Black version. MediaLas is not at all responsible for any software purchased from Laserworld.tv and delivers original Mamba Black software only via authorized MediaLas dealers or directly to the user. Maybe Laserworld sold a used version, unfortunately we cannot tell.

The original Mamba Black comes with a blue colored dongle key, a black colored CD with all contents and the latest version 1.72. In the lower right corner the MediaLas logo must be present.

If anybody for any reason feels, that he purchased a non original Mamba Black copy, which shows the MediaLas logo, pls contact us at ( info @ medialas.com.) if a purchase invoice or purchase proof can be displayed, but still it is not an original version, we will exchange the software for a brandnew Original.

Now seeing a Mamba Black software sold without a dongle key is simply not a Mamba Black software. Each Mamba Black HAS TO contain a dongle key, cause without it is not a Mamba Black. MediaLas supports all issues regarding Mamba Black installation help, also user help and, as usual, free updates. But as long as Mamba was not purchased from MediaLas directly, we cannot say anything about completeness or delivery contents or licensing issues.

Maybe we can have more detailed information on how the content looked. Was the power supply still originally packed, did the USB-Box still contain the protection foil on the plastics, was the software box included (a black ring binder with printed manual). If you did not even get a CD, I assume it wasn´t.

We are very sorry to hear about this trouble. Please send us a proof of payment, and we will ship an original dongle key to you along with the most actual CD.

MediaLas Team.

With kind regards,

Dirk Baur
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    MediaLas Laserproducts GmbH
    Hoelzlestr. 13
    72336 Balingen / Germany
    Ph. +49 7433-907990
    Fax +49 7433 90799-22
    www.medialas.de

hopefully this will help .... and a big thankyou to Dirk Baur

all the best .... Karl

nice Karl.......... very nice. Hope in the end it all works out.

Karl...

Please call me Mad, we can keep it informal . I don't even know how to thank you enough. Your compassion and willingness is genuinely appreciated. I will forward all that was sent to me. I have copies of the invoice with all the required information the shipping box and its contents as I received it. I will email Mr.Baur and arrange to get him all that he needs.

I am most grateful,

David a.k.a. Mad