Thread: FS: 2211-20SLE JDS Uniphase Argon < 100 hours

Default FS: 2211-20SLE JDS Uniphase Argon < 100 hours

Got a 20SLE sitting here with less than 100 hours.

Comes with either a 115 or 220v power supply, Massive dual impeller 12v fan, homemade remote interface box. Output measured at 36mW using a coherent lasercheck. I have no doubt this thing could be driven insanely harder with a different power supply.

All you need to do is provide a 12vdc power supply capable of delivering 6A, yes 6A: the fan is a beast.

Id rather not see this go on ebay to someone who doesn't know how to take care of one of these things.

I haven't seen a Uniphase like this in years offered on ebay or anywhere else, for all practical purposes: its new.

Make an offer or trade please.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails lowhourargon.jpg  

Last edited by Admin; 04-14-2007 at 06:55. Reason: I r gud spellar. kerrecteons. ;)

More pix please of head....what gas mix in tube...factory mix or ???? OK I see as new...How far beyond the max input drive current would be considered safe for the cathode?
    Last edited by MechEng3; 04-14-2007 at 09:51.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Pictures attached: Taken about 5 minutes ago.

Gas is argon, not a mixed gas head. Optics are hard sealed and single line 488nM, beam looks spot on tem00 from here.

Cathode drive is hard set by the power supply, cant adjust that nor would you really want to. Nasty stuff happens when you start pissing off the doped tungsten. The actual plasma current though: Id guestimate from what I remember that you could drive this thing at 9ish amps. The fan can handle a higher load though not sure about the BeO bore: as evident from the pictures, some sections of the bore are unsinked and wouldn't really play nice for very long at an insane current load.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC00156.JPG  

DSC00158.JPG  

DSC00161.JPG  

DSC00162.JPG  

DSC00163.JPG  

Angry

Thanks for the pix and info on it. Should be nice at 8 amps.....don't want to kill it right off the start. Let me see how bad the tax man is going to hit me for this year...He has not finished yet as they are swamped....waiting on that call from him...After the remains are sifted I will make arrangements with you,providing it doesn't get gone before then.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

hey,is that a laser??so big!

Yeah, its not a pointer

Cool

Actually, that's a small argon, Frank. They get a lot bigger than that! (Like, 9 feet long, with a power supply that weighs 300 kilos.) The laser that Spec has is one of the smallest Argon's you'll see. (And a damn fine looking one, if I may say so... That thing looks like it just came off the assembly line! It's brand new!)

Clandestiny has a few huge ion lasers. He brought a 17 watt mixed-gas whitelight head to our FLEM gathering in January. He didn't bother to bring the power supply, because 1) it was too heavy, 2) it needed 480 volt, 3 phase power at 100 amps per leg, which we did not have, and 3) it needed 9 gallons per minute of water cooling, which we also did not have.

But it was neat to see the head of such a beast!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Yeah, its not a pointer
    With a few dozen car batteries and a freakishly strong wrist you could make it a pointer...

Just saying... It can be done.

An Aanold-Svartzanikkah pointer