Thread: Question about RGB Projectors

Default Question about RGB Projectors

Hi All,
    my question is, Several months ago I bought a 1w RGB ilda projector and am wondering about the lasers focusing, The red has kind of a wide beam not a dot and the blue is the same but not as wide, I have tried to adjust the lens but not much luck getting them to a dot. The manufacture said that is the way they are suppose to be but it does not seem right. Are the red and blue suppose to be dots or a small line. The way it is now I make a picture using white, I get red on the outsides of the white.
    Need some advice!!!!

Unless you have some really sophisticated lenses, that's about as good as it gets. It's a matter of the laser diode and the pattern of light that comes out of front of it.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

The beam from the raw diode is an ellipse. Without spatial filtering, masking, or anamorphic prisms to correct the beam, you will get lines or ovals as your beamshape.

Perhaps your projector needs correction optics added.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...