Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Pink Floyd...

Its not often these guys release an album. All excited.
    This space for rent.

I don't actually like it

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    ...Looks potentially VERY awesome!! ...So, is it safe to assume you'll be posting a free ILDA / Pangolin version,,
    Heh, well.. IF it were to be *done* with only Pango-stuff, I'd be more than happy to 'share some cookies'.. But, I am quite certain we'll - at most - be using Beyond for a limited-amount of frame / 3D-stuff creation, and LivePro, for aerials-perfomance, during the shows.. Most other 'software-based content' will be LSX-generated but, the majority of content will be created-with / generated / performed - live - with one of these pups:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Laserium 6B Griffs restore.JPG 
Views:	21 
Size:	446.2 KB 
ID:	45378 ..and/or piping pre-choreographed content from it / recording to Ableton, thru lite-pipe / MOTUs, etc, etc.. So, sorry.. won't be much to 'post' / share..

..But, will-be working out a special 'PL-member hookup', for seeing the shows, at our Van Nuys Studios, which - Stay tuned, kiddies - should be opening, very soon.. Hoping to make the 'thrilling Grand Re-Open Date announcement', very-shortly..

..Cya there..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Just downloaded & started listening to the new Pink Floyd album, "The Endless River".
    Talk about serious potential for a nice, long atmospheric & lumia show!!!

I'm thinking a random-number generator plugged into one of DZ's consoles, with everything on auto-random while kicking back with a chilled bottle of Jack Daniels Tennessee Honey...
    It is different yet familiar.
    It has styles of older blended with the newer but I prefer the earlier works pre-Dark Side and anything after the Final Cut is basically Gilmore trying to fill Waters void, just my opinion.

BTW, I see you have Huntsville listed as your location. Did you go clubbing in the 80-90's there?

Quote Originally Posted by Maxx View Post
    It is different yet familiar.
    It has styles of older blended with the newer but I prefer the earlier works pre-Dark Side and anything after the Final Cut is basically Gilmore trying to fill Waters void, just my opinion.

BTW, I see you have Huntsville listed as your location. Did you go clubbing in the 80-90's there?
    Just started spending time in Huntsville in '09 ~
    Early to mid '80's in middle Tennessee, late '80's and most of the '90's bouncing around the world for Uncle Sam...

I've listened to Pink Floyd in some really strange parts of the world!!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Just started spending time in Huntsville in '09 ~
    Early to mid '80's in middle Tennessee, late '80's and most of the '90's bouncing around the world for Uncle Sam...

I've listened to Pink Floyd in some really strange parts of the world!!
    Was just wondering if you were the Randy that was trying to buy my laser from me back in the 90's when I lived there, but you aren't.
    Still have it out in the barn, I should rework the wiring and get it going again.

I did not care for the new album and that has me surprised as i am a big fan of pink floyd I did add it to my collection and there are a few parts that i like about it but over all kinda felt let down, my galvo crapped out and i had to repair it before finishing the album, my friends just down understand that anything from pink floyd needs to have lasers!! even my crappy laser projector needs to be running for them, my laser system is a x y galvo from a very old laser disc player, the ones that used a HeNe laser, I have a cheap chinese ILDA system on the way, infact that's how i found this forum, lol odd how things happen like that

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

I was just listening to this album in the bath (scented candles, Bubble Bath, the whole sensual experience) and the track "Talkin' Hawkin' " was bugging me.
    The speech sounded familiar.
    But how could this be as it's a brand new album?

• Were my earthly mental powers slowly giving up and making way for my Time Traveling memories?
    • Do I possess Sixth Sense?
    • Was I experiencing one of those paradoxical time loops?

Nah.
    Just a 20 year old advert.

they seem to have reused older content, i think that was the main reason i felt some what disappointed in it