Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Dinner get-together in Orlando April 21st.

Smile

Hi there !

Glad you had goodtime...and so sorry not to be there
    I will of course inform you in case I could fly to the States...and then really hope to meet all of you !

I already read your post about the "new Pangolin LA Freak hobbyist system", but didn't have time to go further on that info.
    Is there a way to "test" it, like a demo version ?
    For this is one the best way to check if a soft fulfills your expectations about your own needs and the approach you can have with it (hope I'm understandingable !).

Thanks again for your warm welcome,
    André

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Hey guys!

I had a great time on Saturday at Fishbones. It was great seeing everyone again. A *big* thanks to Bill Benner for treating us to a rightous dinner.

André;

Welcome to the PhotonLexicon forums! Glad to have you here. If you do plan another trip to the United States, be sure to let us know in advance... We might be able to set up a meeting.

As far as your desire to own a Pangolin system, have you seen the discussion of the new Pangolin LA Freak hobbyist system? This product is still in development (they are modifying the software), but you can order it right now for $500. This includes the Flashback 3 hardware controller *and* the software you need to run it. (When the new software is finished, you will be able to upgrade from the current version for free.)

Check out the thread; there's a lot of good information in there (and some links to more information about the software itself). It might be just what you're looking for.

Adam

Wink

Hi André;

I don't think there is any way to "demo" the new LA Freak software from Pangolin. At least not yet. (They are still working on the software.) But the price is certainly competitive! It's cheaper than most of the other packages out there...

If you follow the links in my other post about the software, you will see some screen shots of the software. While the Pangolin site does offer a lot of information about the software, I agree that it is always better when you can try it out before you buy it. I guess it's up to you... Buy the hobbyist product now and take a chance, or save up until you can afford a Pangolin QM-2000 setup. (But I think that, given Pangolin's history, the LA Freak software is going to be quite nice.) Just my opinion of course!

Adam

Hi guys,

Just a quick note. We don't offer demo software, because we think that a) it doesn't really encourage sales and b) it DOES really encourage competition because competitors can get our software for free, and copy features and functions without necessarily having to conform to our license terms (one of which is that you won't copy the features or functions)...

Instead we offer a 90-day money-back guarantee, and have done so for nearly 20 years. In fact, as far as I know, we are the only company in this industry with such a guarantee. Our closest competitor used to offer a 10-day guarantee, but they are out of business...

Best regards,

William Benner