Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dinner get-together in Orlando April 21st.

Lightbulb Dinner get-together in Orlando April 21st.

Hey guys;

I'll be in Florida again next weekend, and I was hoping to get together with some of you for a nice steak dinner and some stimulating laser conversation. (Pun not intended.)

It seems that the Orlando area is the most central for everyone, so let's shoot for a decent steak house somewhere near the land of the mouse. (Exact location to be decided in a day or two.)

I'm going to give Pangolin a call in the morning and see if Bill and Hayden can join us. Fred Blockland (Astroguy) is interested in going, as is Aaron (allthatwhichis). (Though Aaron may have a conflict with Saturday evening ; we'll see.)

I don't have phone numbers for David (DZurcher) or Chuck (Marconi), but I'd love to see you guys there! Reply here if you're available. I also called Paul (Clandestiny), but he wasn't in so I left a message. Hope he can make it too! (I promise it won't be Arby's this time, dude...)

Did I forget anyone? Is anyone else going to be in the Orlando area next weekend that would be interested in a laser geek dinner get-together? If so, speak up!

Adam

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Hayden Hale at Pangolin, and he's interested in coming. He also suggested Outback Steak House, which sounds cool to me. Anyone else have any suggestions?
    Last edited by buffo; 04-15-2007 at 14:01.

Hi Adam,

Sounds like fun! Sadly though, I will be on the clock that day and doing standby for the rest of the weekend so I will not be able to attend. If you are passing through Jacksonville though you are welcome to swing by for a show or two!

David

Hi guys,

There are a few good steak restaurants we go to often. One is called Fish Bones and it is on the corner of International Drive and Sand Lake Boulevard. They have both fish and steak. Normally this is a bad combination for a restaurant, but years ago, this restaurant was rated number 4 in the entire US (since then it seems they have slid a bit...). Another is VITO's Chop House, on International Drive. Both of these are owned by the same people who own Charlie's Steak House. Then there is Ruth's Chris, but the one in Winter Park is really the best.

If there aren't a ton of people, we'll buy...

Just let us know. Hayden and I are always up for a good steak!!

Bill

Talking

Hi Bill!

Thanks for the suggestions. Sounds like you've been to quite a few good places... (And I'll wager that any of them is going to be able to top Outback!)

Picking up the tab as well? Wow... Cool! (no arguement from me there!)

Why don't you select the place you like best then, Bill? Hayden already said he's up for it. (Just got off the phone with him - see above.) Fred, his wife Dee, and I will be there for sure. I know that Paul wanted to come too. (I talked to him about this last week.) But I don't know what his schedule will be like this coming weekend. (Hoping he'll check in here later and reply...)

Adam

PS: Sorry you can't make it Dave... I might take you up on a meeting in Jacksonville (oops - I mean "Jags!onville") either on the drive down or on the return trip. I'll be in touch. (Thanks for the pm, btw.)
    Last edited by buffo; 04-15-2007 at 14:10.

Sounds good guys, Dee and I will be there. I think Bill should pick the spot he should know the best place for steak in his neck of the woods.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"

Lightbulb

I'd love to guys but it'd have to be a lunch thing. My girlfriend's boss is selling his vetrinary clinic and having a staff apriciation party at his house strarting at 6:30 Saturday night. Rumor has it the new boss'll be there... so it kinda trumps any plans I could possible come up with. She has also worked there 8 years...

If not a lunch, I'll have to be there in spirit... If anyone is coming around early you can swing by and give me your opinion on my backyard project that "should" be done by Friday. We're paving a patio with 1 sq ft pavers on our vacation this week. Yay... We have a fairly uneven yard and had 10 yards of fill dirt dropped off last week. I had no idea what one yard of dirt was until I was given ten. My idea of a vacation...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

I think I can swing it. I always liked Houstons but Its way up on the north end of town. The sand lake I-drive area has good choices like Bill said. I like
    the places in Dr Phillips as well, Samba Room and Timpano. But No matter to me, whatever you guys like.
    go big or go home

Smile Pulling details together for dinner get-together

Hi Paul! Great talking with you the other night. Glad to hear you'll be able to make it.

Aaron: Sorry about the party conflict. But yeah, you'd better go with your g/f; sounds like it would be insulting for her not to attend. I'll give you a call when I get to my Mom's place; maybe we can get together Friday and have a look at this patio you're building!

Fred: I agree. If Bill is going to pick up the tab, I'd say it's his call as to where we go! (Any of the places described above sound great to me.)

So, what about times? Bill, Hayden - what time works best for you guys?

I can be flexible, and I think Paul's schedule is pretty open as well. However, I know that Fred and Dee will be driving up from Royal Palm Beach that afternoon, so Fred may have time constraints. (Dee is working Saturday morning, right Fred? When would you guys be in Orlando then?)

Adam

Hey I'm in the US that weekend ! If you can move this dinner to Dayton Ohio, I'd love to join. Guess I should have booked my flights through Florida

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    Hi Paul! Great talking with you the other night. Glad to hear you'll be able to make it.

Aaron: Sorry about the party conflict. But yeah, you'd better go with your g/f; sounds like it would be insulting for her not to attend. I'll give you a call when I get to my Mom's place; maybe we can get together Friday and have a look at this patio you're building!

Fred: I agree. If Bill is going to pick up the tab, I'd say it's his call as to where we go! (Any of the places described above sound great to me.)

So, what about times? Bill, Hayden - what time works best for you guys?

I can be flexible, and I think Paul's schedule is pretty open as well. However, I know that Fred and Dee will be driving up from Royal Palm Beach that afternoon, so Fred may have time constraints. (Dee is working Saturday morning, right Fred? When would you guys be in Orlando then?)

Adam

Dee and I can be there around 6:00pm.
    "Gravity its not just a good idea its the law"