Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question with Flexmod P3 setup

Thanks david!

Why? Was just testing. Figured get it to work at its simplest form then make it more complicated. This is going on a CNC machine, and i have designed an FPGA based DAC, and having this be able to cut on and off just before it lases whatever material, is fantastic. Rather having it on all the time and ramping up.

I soldered everything as per the directions but, it still sits here with a red LED when i just run a meter on it to set it up. I thought if open loop sensing was disabled, then i wouldnt be getting a fault?

Actually, i should say, i didnt solder an interlock jumper. As, the manual says its disabled and the resistor goes from INT to that one connection.

Nothing is shorted. I'm a bit stumped. Kinda nervous to hookup a diode to it, since the second i turn it on the current goes all over the place on the meter.
    Last edited by Zeppelin1007; 01-24-2015 at 17:31.

Hmmmm. That doesn't sound good. You did the right thing with the interlock, so no problem there. Are you sure you soldered the resistors without shorting something? I find that intricate soldering challenging, myself.

You may have a bad FM as well. You may need to reach out to DrLava although getting in touch with him can be challenging at times.

David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

HI DKumpula,

Yeah i double if not triple checked the resistor soldering. Even took it to work to have some buddies with better sight to check it. No shorts, especially on the pads.

I shot the Doc an email a few days ago asking, what am i doing wrong? lol. Wish that guy didnt take so long to get back to us, cause it is a neat product. Not to mention for the price. But, as i said in my other post, this project, for some reason has been cursed since the start. I did in fact find an industrial driver for a fair price. Looks like an automation PLC card. Probably going to go with that if i can't get this resolved quickly.

Bummer.