Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone near Orlando? Need to borrow a projector

Default Anyone near Orlando? Need to borrow a projector

So I am in Orlando to do a demo at a gaming convention of lazymame and something happened with my stanham driver that led' my blue and smoked my green... needless to say it's been a bad night... I don't really want to drive 4 hours each way to go back to Miami so was wondering if there was anyone around here that could let me borrow a small RGB projector? does not need to be bright since it's just for lazymame

let me know!!

thanks!

Lightbulb

Heya FLE...

..Isn't Aaron 'Allthat' right there? He prolly still has his early-Gen Kvant Specc'y, ya? If not / or can't 'let the pup out to roam' if ya want, I'll be happy to 'put in a good word for ya' with LSDI.. I'm sure they've got something older / 'lo-grade' that might be able to roam-about, for a bit.. Dunno, just an idea..

..I mean, I'd be more than glad to loan ya a Compact (..since u had to wait so bloody-long for me to ship yer DF-50.. ..I fully trust ya, etc, but.. Ya'd have to at least 'pick-up the shipping', and even, ie: Delta Dash, LAX > MCO (..exponentially-cheaper than FedEx for overnite / same-day..) will still prolly run ya a buck-fifty, or so, RT.. so... <shrug>

..Ping me if ya want me to give Greg & Co. a call / see what they might have / put in the werd..
    ciao..
    j
    ....and armed only with his trusty 21 Zorgawatt KTiOPO4...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Frank... I have two Pluto II's sitting at Pangolin that have been there since Bill borrowed them from me in September. They're supposed to be shipping them back to me but I suspect with ILDA and LDI it got back burner'd. You're welcome to run over there and borrow one. You can show Bill this post or have him call me if they want confirmation.

brad I replied to your PMs

thanks for the offer Jon it's an option but since this isn't a paid event I don't think I want to find out what a plane ticket for a projector costs

lets see if I can pick up one of Brad's plutos, if not LSDI might be an option but you think they are even here? with LDI/ILDA going on figure it's a ghost town

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ...since this isn't a paid event I don't think I want to find out what a plane ticket for a projector costs..
    IIRC last time I sent a C2 with Delta Dash, it flew-out / arrived *same-day*, insured to $15k, and one way was about $85... Try-that, FedEx.. Ya, it's a bit of a PITA to get set-up as a 'known shipper', with the TSA wanting to sniff-up yer * and all, but.. Not really all that bad, and once yer 'known', the service-level / super-competitive pricing is well-worth it, imho..

Quote Originally Posted by flecom View Post
    ..but you think they are even here? with LDI/ILDA going on figure it's a ghost town
    Ya, was thinking that might even-be a ? w/ Pangolandia, too.. I'm sure a quick email / phone call (..I have a couple Batphone #s.. should find that out in quick-order..

Lemme know what ya turn-up on the P-go front..
    cheers..
    j

Quote Originally Posted by dsli_jon View Post
    IIRC last time I sent a C2 with Delta Dash, it flew-out / arrived *same-day*, insured to $15k, and one way was about $85... Try-that, FedEx.. Ya, it's a bit of a PITA to get set-up as a 'known shipper', with the TSA wanting to sniff-up yer * and all, but.. Not really all that bad, and once yer 'known', the service-level / super-competitive pricing is well-worth it, imho..
    wow that's extremely reasonable, I figured you would have to add a zero! I'll call you if anything

Done. Good luck with it. No, I didn't know about the dent in the flightcase but, that's not the first time with FedEx I've had a flightcase receive some damage. (never with DHL) As long as it served it's purpose and kept the projector safe, that's fine though. They're not the most durable cases in the world and are generally pretty cheap from Lightspace to begin with. Was it the one with or without the wheels?

Bill was a no-show at ILDA as he was building some Saturns for a client in urgent need. Don't know if he finished and went to LDI or not though. Aaron and Justin were at ILDA and I assume still are in Vegas. Even if all three are gone, Pangolin still has other Orlando based employees.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Bill was there when I called this morning and talked to him about Frank borrowing one of the projectors. Frank's already been to Pangolin to pick it up - that's how I knew about the flightcase dent.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    ...Frank's already been to Pangolin to pick it up ..
    Brad, yer a Gentleman and a Scholar, I don't care *what* soforene says about ya.. jk... But seriously, Thanks for saving me a trip to LAX..

..3 Cheers - yet again - for PL!
    j